House Price Crash Forum

Mpc Decision Tomorrow!

HOLA441

I like to sit in me car with a flask of tea and listen to radio 4 (it's inbetween the tractor production figures (up again!) and the Leader's birthday song).

I'm so excited!! What will it be??? OOOH I can't WAIT! It could go one of 3 ways now Gordon's in charge:

1) Stay put

2) Stay put

3) Stay put

Which will it be????

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'll be sat at my desk at work. If it goes down I'll be sick on my computer. If it stays the same I'll shake my head in distain. If it goes up I'll feign illness and rush home to consume a bottle of Cordon Rouge that's currently residing in the fridge!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I think we may see a shock rise. Rising house prices will be the excuse.

You are right - my belief is that they will go straight to 10% tomorrow because of excess consumer debt and peak oil.

Or maybe it will be 8-1 again.

HOLA4412
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Down .25 to bolster the retail sector and instill confidence in the consumer led recovery.

If they dropped by .50% it would make no difference to retail as the debt burden is now too great.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

a minus .25 would have no mechanical effect but any drop signals to the muppets its time to get the cards out and go shopping again.

Its a fact that most people dont even look at the balance on the plastic with the new internet accounts. They just look at the DD going out of their bank account each month.

The balance is irrlevent to them, its the repayments that count.

As people at work what the interest rates are on their plastic and I bet you they have not a clue.

In fact they will reply, I switched to 0% for six months. Next question, "When was that" Answer: 2 years ago.

HOLA4415

I predict the BoE will do nothing. I'm not sure I understand what the hell they do anyway. They tell us that they are concerned with future inflation but then give credence to the latest housing report. If they remain inactive and don't help devalue houses then we will remain with this stagnant, sluggish economy for a lot longer IMO.

From a business point of view there doesn't appear to be a good reason to invest heavily at the moment. I need to economy show proper stimulus or take a tumble. It appears to be dying too slowly!

Edited by Xurbia

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418