House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fancypants

More Docklands Madness

I read that another huge development has been (narrowly) given the go ahead on Marsh Wall in Docklands. The plans make it seems like a fairly nasty Elephant & Castlesque 60-style nightmare... two huge tower blocks and a couple of smaller ones.

Tower Hamlets councillors were divided on whether to approve it, but it looks like some "sweeteners" helped the project gain approval. Funnily enough, the most vocal critic was Cllr Alan Amos, ex-Tory MP anti-abortionist bachelor right-wing disgraced alleged cottager now Nu-Labour stooge... describing them as "the slums of the future". Right on, Al, but please stop worrying me by making me think how much I am in accordance with fringe nutters and eccentrics these days... :blink:

I read that another huge development has been (narrowly) given the go ahead on Marsh Wall in Docklands. The plans make it seems like a fairly nasty Elephant & Castlesque 60-style nightmare... two huge tower blocks and a couple of smaller ones.

Tower Hamlets councillors were divided on whether to approve it, but it looks like some "sweeteners" helped the project gain approval. Funnily enough, the most vocal critic was Cllr Alan Amos, ex-Tory MP anti-abortionist bachelor right-wing disgraced alleged cottager now Nu-Labour stooge... describing them as "the slums of the future". Right on, Al, but please stop worrying me by making me think how much I am in accordance with fringe nutters and eccentrics these days... :blink:

If you're talking about Pan Peninsular (South Quay DLR) and the other similar tower they are building - these are supposed to be the height of luxury with private cinema and bar. They had sold them all practically in the first couple of weeks. Its 40 something storeys comparable with 1 Canada Square (aka Canary Wharf tower)

Dont get me wrong - I wouldn't buy one for the silly prices they are asking

Edited by sich

If you're talking about Pan Peninsular (South Quay DLR) and the other similar tower they are building - these are supposed to be the height of luxury with private cinema and bar. They had sold them all practically in the first couple of weeks. Its 40 something storeys comparable with 1 Canada Square (aka Canary Wharf tower)

Dont get me wrong - I wouldn't buy one for the silly prices they are asking

it's not the Pan Peninsula one (I had a rant about that though some weeks back), it's further up toward Westferry Circus, they'll have to demolish some perfectly servicable (if a little neglected) old victorian warehouses, including my local bike shop... ho-hum.

I'm not sure they have sold all the new flats - they're still showing prospective investors around the site (and the marketing suite) - albeit at a painfully slow rate. Most of them appear to be foreign.

Could be fun in Docklands after 4th May if Respect/George Galloway win control of Tower Hamlets (unlikely but it would be highly entertaining!). No more new build flats for millionaires will get planning permission methinks.