House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Xil

Have We Already Had The Spring Bounce?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...crash.co.uk#top

according to alexa the bounce has only just begun, alexa mirrors public sentiment in HPC

Using the HBOS data, we can track YOY and qtr on qtr % change, again the QTR on QTR stats seems to suggest the spring bounce has just started, with a bounce peak in about 2 mounths, the Qtr on Qtr graphs also shows the short term cycles in the houseing market, aswell as the long term cycles.

I witnessed a surge in activity during January (more properties coming to market, more sold signs etc).

February seemed quieter and March hasn't provided any significant developments in my local area.

Have we already seen the 'spring bounce' or will the housing market exhibit its typical buoyancy during April, May and June?

Xil.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...crash.co.uk#top

according to alexa the bounce has only just begun, alexa mirrors public sentiment in HPC

Using the HBOS data, we can track YOY and qtr on qtr % change, again the QTR on QTR stats seems to suggest the spring bounce has just started, with a bounce peak in about 2 mounths, the Qtr on Qtr graphs also shows the short term cycles in the houseing market, aswell as the long term cycles.

I might have missed your point about HPC website traffic but I'm not sure how that relates to general public sentiment. This is very much a minority forum - the number of registered users is very low. Although I think traffic will increase dramatically as the government's chickens come home to roost.

Likewise I can accept that historical trends indicate a bounce is due in about 2 months (as shown by your HBOS data) but to coin an over-used phrase, could it be "different this time".

I'm only viewing my situation on a very local level and working with anecdotes but I'm interested to know whether forum contributers think there will be a glut of activity in the coming months or has it happend already?

Xil.

I like to judge it by how many properties are on the market counted in rightmove

It only works for my area though

Before Xmas my count was 321 – at Xmas it dropped to 242 –so I could tell there was going to be bounce –properties now 244- so in my opinion it’s still going on

IP1 is not supposed to be a good or up and coming area

I might have missed your point about HPC website traffic but I'm not sure how that relates to general public sentiment. This is very much a minority forum - the number of registered users is very low. Although I think traffic will increase dramatically as the government's chickens come home to roost.

Likewise I can accept that historical trends indicate a bounce is due in about 2 months (as shown by your HBOS data) but to coin an over-used phrase, could it be "different this time".

I'm only viewing my situation on a very local level and working with anecdotes but I'm interested to know whether forum contributers think there will be a glut of activity in the coming months or has it happend already?

Xil.

people searching for housepricecrash in google will come to this site, less people searching and staying on the site means lower alexa stats. HPC is the 13,515 most popular site on the internet, so not that minority....

Perhaps it's the crash that has already been and gone?

More likely the crash is actually going to be a slow, painful slide in the market over the next 10 years.

Perhaps it's the crash that has already been and gone?

As in the soft landing predicted?

We haven't seen the crash yet old boy. Trust me whenb it comes, you'll know about it because people will be feeling the pain

people searching for housepricecrash in google will come to this site, less people searching and staying on the site means lower alexa stats. HPC is the 13,515 most popular site on the internet, so not that minority....

I agree, I think the website's popularity is highly significant. I'm certain it will continue to rise as more and more people stumble across the URL.

However, the site hasn't been running for long (2 years?) so I would suggest it was too early to correlate it with spring housing market sentiment.

Correlating the bearish media stories with spikes in HPC traffic is an interesting possibility but that should be another thread......

Xil.

ive heard of the spring bounce but this is ridiculous...

i went to look at 2 & 1/2 bed semi in north-west about 12 months ago

dont know how long its been on market for but its at least a year

they wanted £220 k for it - worth about 150k max in current market (you can get any amount of 3 bed semis for 120-150k in the north west)

they dropped price to 199,950 bout 3 months ago

still not sold - oh dear

anyhow, the property is readvertised back on market today.......

price £235k

dont all rush at once.........