House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gone west

Rich Dad Says: Buy Gold And Silver.

http://finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/richricher/2844

As an investor, I'm investing against the U.S. dollar. Let me be clear: I'm not investing against the U.S. -- America is a rich, productive country. But our dollar is toast. Those who have followed my articles know that in 1971, our dollar stopped being money and became a currency, a piece of paper with ink on it (see "Why Savers Are Losers").

In my opinion, that means getting out of anything else that's "paper with ink on it" -- anything backed by the full faith and confidence of the SS U.S.A. That means I'm very suspicious of stocks, bonds, savings, and mutual funds, especially if they're U.S. dependent. Although I love real estate, I'm suspicious of any piece of property that doesn't generate cash flow today. I don't invest in future appreciation of real estate -- not today, at least.

Today, I invest in assets with tangible value, especially assets that go up in price as the dollar's purchasing power sinks. Today, I have large positions in gold, silver, and oil.

As I've said before, this is fine for the long term but for novices like me it is quite off putting to see Gold do nothing and then drop since I bought some.....

Timing, my dear Frank, timing... :huh:

I am learning some valuable lessons about markets and TA, so can't complain too much.

Best regards

Frank

Just cos he says its toast, doesn't stop 250million using it to exchange goods and services.

Dollar has liquidity and in trade liquidity is KING.