House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
karhu

Vote For Where You Think Irs Are Going

On the eve of the Bank of England monetary policy committee's March meeting, the debate is joined. The shadow MPC, perhaps surprisingly, voted 5-4 to cut rates last weekend. On balance market analysts expect the next move to be down, but only very narrowly. The number of economists expecting unchanged rates this year is growing. But what do you think? Join the discussion

http://www.economicsuk.com/blog/000309.html

No move this time but forced to tighten in May--perhaps a series of .25% raises until we match the US.

With the whole world moving up it seems unlikely Gordon can move in the opposite direction. If he does he will force an adjustment to sterling. But then again, sterling crises are part of our economic legacy.

Edited by Realistbear

Given that the only idiot voting for a cut is leaving the MPC, I can't see rates going anywhere but up.

BTW, was he pushed or did he jump?

I say hold, they're probably too scared to do anything.

Come on. This is only hypothetical. We know that the BoE are going to hold rates.

However, the question is what would you do?

Yeah, I'd expect a hold for now, with the first rise between May and July. I really don't think they can hold out any longer than that.

Though if anyone other than the idiot votes for a cut I may finally shift the rest of my savings abroad.

Edited by MarkG