House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DabHand

My Trip To Hsbc

I popped into HSBC to see if my recent liquidation of shares could be put to better use than simply dissolving before my eyes under false inflation measurements and maybe try to shelter it from the coming economic prolapse.

I caught the eye of a middle aged lass with a bit of sparkle (my favourite when dealing with reps of any company or institution) and snuck in prior to her next appointment to ask her:

Do you do foreign currency accounts. (I was thinking Swiss francs) ?

Do you do funds in pure silver/gold holdings ?

I told her some of my money l was going to most likely lose in high risk shares, but the majority l wanted to put to one side in a shelter. I didnt care about interest on the account l simply wanted to protect my cash from hyperinflation/collapse of the sterling's buying power. I mentioned that ideally a swiss bank account holding precious metals would be nice. Most conveniently and coincidentally she primarily dealt with foreign currency accounts for rich overseas students who make money dabbling in currency exchange..wtf! l had gravel in my pockets at that age...

She took my details and will be getting the Offshore dept to call me. She also gave me her work number and asked me to phone her on thursday lunchtime for a further chat as she said she could help me. So my question is....

Do you think l've pulled ? :P

OK my real question is: am i going in the right direction here? At the moment most of my assets are now sitting in sterling in my current account (temporarily) and l am trying to find ways of getting it out of sterling entirely quick sharp.

She took my details and will be getting the Offshore dept to call me.

They'll also be compelled to pass on your details to the Inland Revenue as a UK resident who has opened up an overseas bank account under new rules brought in recently. ;)

Personally I'd go down the route of opening your account up via an intermediary that will liase offshore with the bank, preferably a non UK bank.

I popped into HSBC to see if my recent liquidation of shares could be put to better use than simply dissolving before my eyes under false inflation measurements and maybe try to shelter it from the coming economic prolapse.

I caught the eye of a middle aged lass with a bit of sparkle (my favourite when dealing with reps of any company or institution) and snuck in prior to her next appointment to ask her:

I told her some of my money l was going to most likely lose in high risk shares, but the majority l wanted to put to one side in a shelter. I didnt care about interest on the account l simply wanted to protect my cash from hyperinflation/collapse of the sterling's buying power. I mentioned that ideally a swiss bank account holding precious metals would be nice. Most conveniently and coincidentally she primarily dealt with foreign currency accounts for rich overseas students who make money dabbling in currency exchange..wtf! l had gravel in my pockets at that age...

She took my details and will be getting the Offshore dept to call me. She also gave me her work number and asked me to phone her on thursday lunchtime for a further chat as she said she could help me. So my question is....

I reckon you're going to be using your dabhand on yourself on Thursday!

:lol:

OK my real question is: am i going in the right direction here? At the moment most of my assets are now sitting in sterling in my current account (temporarily) and l am trying to find ways of getting it out of sterling entirely quick sharp.

one of the good things about HSBC is they do have a good selection of overseas services to hand if you ask them nicely......I did likewise with one of my funds,HSBC could offer a decent jap fund while lots of other places were trying to palm me off with a poxy 5% "safe" bond fund.

.....I didn't take their jap fund as it happened,but their FA DID know her onions!!!!!!!!(shock!!!!!)....I found a better fund,but the fact they were willing to offer something which was a good call without any disposition to a home-grown fund was commendable.

didn't have much joy with gold purchase with them,but that may come in time.

didn't have much joy with gold purchase with them,but that may come in time.

Personally I wouldn't go into a branch of HSBC asking about gold, there's every chance you'll be reported for structuring deposits.

Funny how all people smile & joke with you when they've got something to sell to you......

Yeah... like "a gross BTL yield of 4% is great!", yeah it's funny how they joke <_<

My trip to Barclays was similar last week. But the eager beaver that I spoke to was very keen to get my mortgage business.

Funny how all people smile & joke with you when they've got something to sell to you......

They recently doubled their bad debt fund?

Well they dont want to waste it eh??? :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Winners and Losers

Yeah... like "a gross BTL yield of 4% is great!", yeah it's funny how they joke <_<

Surely you meant the magic 22% BB? Have WAP and TTRTR ever posted at the same time???????

Key to selling to prospective male clients: Have a fit bird selling to them. The male ego comes into play and they start thinking with their dicks.

Surely you meant the magic 22% BB? Have WAP and TTRTR ever posted at the same time???????

In reality the magic 22% is the amount you still owe even after being repossessed ;)

Edited by BuyingBear

I would suspect that she is hoping to get her hands on your cash, that done I am sure she maybe up for you making a small deposit.