House Price Crash Forum
sam

It Is Like Waiting Years To Open A Present

I have found it very hard to explain how i feel to many of my family and friends over the few last years, made worse by the fact that most own property and would never want my predictions of a crash to happen anyway.

I am sure there will be a property crash at some point, and debt is by far going to be the big trigger.

But as with many on this site at times i feel anger, frustation, days of total confidence knowing what is coming, i go through many emotions.

But now i can sum it up perfectly, all those feeling i have are like a kid that knows he has the best present in the world coming to him, all wrapped up and hidden away by his parents, but for some sick reason they have kept him hanging on for years, and not even given him any idea when he will get it.

I am pretty certain the VI's are fighting tooth and nail to prelong this debt fuelled binge knowing that it will all go t***s up eventually, i just wish we could open our present soon, it is driving me crazy.

Sam

I have found it very hard to explain how i feel to many of my family and friends over the few last years, made worse by the fact that most own property and would never want my predictions of a crash to happen anyway.

I am sure there will be a property crash at some point, and debt is by far going to be the big trigger.

But as with many on this site at times i feel anger, frustation, days of total confidence knowing what is coming, i go through many emotions.

But now i can sum it up perfectly, all those feeling i have are like a kid that knows he has the best present in the world coming to him, all wrapped up and hidden away by his parents, but for some sick reason they have kept him hanging on for years, and not even given him any idea when he will get it.

I am pretty certain the VI's are fighting tooth and nail to prelong this debt fuelled binge knowing that it will all go t***s up eventually, i just wish we could open our present soon, it is driving me crazy.

Sam

Its going to take years. Be patient.

Look at it in the context of your life. A couple of years is nothing. Fools rush in.

crazy.

Sam

I think we all know more than on person who has said to get on the property ladder before you lose to much – yesterday my uncle (ex banker) told me to beat the rush as interest rates will come down soon.

It’s all depressing but we take our choices – we are all going to lose out on the next rush or going to make lot’s on the crash – it’s 50 –50 in my opinion – but my mum dad uncle friends reckon at least 90 –10 that I’m going to lose big time!

it is driving me crazy.

Sam

Sam, what if your present never comes?

In the end I would recommend you buy and stop worrying about a potential crash.

If a crash comes lets say you benefit by getting a property for £60000 less. In the context of your lifes earnings is £60000 really worthit, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSIDER ITS ONLY A POTENTIAL SAVING?

£60000 potential saving = £2.00 per day on an 80 year life - span. You probably deficate £7.00 per day every day (sorry for that if your eating lunch) :rolleyes:

Sam, what if your present never comes?

In the end I would recommend you buy and stop worrying about a potential crash.

If a crash comes lets say you benefit by getting a property for £60000 less. In the context of your lifes earnings is £60000 really worthit, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSIDER ITS ONLY A POTENTIAL SAVING?

£60000 potential saving = £2.00 per day on an 80 year life - span. You probably deficate £7.00 per day every day (sorry for that if your eating lunch) :rolleyes:

Sorry, you have to be a wind up: have you never heard of interest payments? Also, you don't take out a mortgage over 80 years unless you're parents take it out for you on the day you are born or even 5 years before if you consider an average life of 75 years.

The compound effect of taking a large mortgage means you won't be able to move on; you won't afford the first step let alone step two.

Are you serious or just someone trying to offload their BTL portfolio?