House Price Crash Forum

Ski Trip Anecdotal

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I was boarding in La Tania. Popped over to your valley on that dull blue.

Wicked conditions though. On friday it made no difference off piste or on.

Nice

I know - they weren't bothering bashing it was coming down so fast - 60cm in 24hrs after we left & highest avalanche warning. Get out there this weekend/week everyone, unless the mortgage is taking all your money of course :lol:

HOLA447

Just checking in from skiing in Bulgaria.

Amazing conversation with 3 guys whilst queing for the gondala this morning. We had about 40 mins....

One young guy said he thought the problems of the UK and house prices were due to women working and creating a wall of 2 earner money that didn't exist before. OK so what, his opinion, mildly true probably but hardly relevant to last 5 years instead of the last 30.

BUT the other 2 guys, both in the forties.

First guy, "actually I am divorced and me and the three boys are thinking of downsizing to a 3 bed semi, and we have worked out we could be mortgage free."

I kept my HPC powder dry and listened on.

Second guy (also in 40's) "well we have a 7 bed place, [he said he made a bit from property developing] we are hopefully exchanging today to downsize. And we have decided to go into rented, just so that we can be mobile, perhaps buy at auction or something".

The 2 guys were really amazed at each other and looked like they had found kindred spirits.

AMazing really. I think people are finally relising that all that glitters is not gold, but might be a dodgy old rock star.....

Everyone agreed that the UK was effyouseakayed mainly due to high salary expectations and then talked about the snow.

I felt very warm inside, even if my hat was covered in the white stuff.

HOLA448
Just checking in from skiing in Bulgaria.

Amazing conversation with 3 guys whilst queing for the gondala this morning. We had about 40 mins....

One young guy said he thought the problems of the UK and house prices were due to women working and creating a wall of 2 earner money that didn't exist before. OK so what, his opinion, mildly true probably but hardly relevant to last 5 years instead of the last 30.

BUT the other 2 guys, both in the forties.

First guy, "actually I am divorced and me and the three boys are thinking of downsizing to a 3 bed semi, and we have worked out we could be mortgage free."

I kept my HPC powder dry and listened on.

Second guy (also in 40's) "well we have a 7 bed place, [he said he made a bit from property developing] we are hopefully exchanging today to downsize. And we have decided to go into rented, just so that we can be mobile, perhaps buy at auction or something".

The 2 guys were really amazed at each other and looked like they had found kindred spirits.

AMazing really. I think people are finally relising that all that glitters is not gold, but might be a dodgy old rock star.....

Everyone agreed that the UK was effyouseakayed mainly due to high salary expectations and then talked about the snow.

I felt very warm inside, even if my hat was covered in the white stuff.

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from HPC for more than a week!

HOLA449