House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

Redrow Announce Price Of Newbuilds Fell By 6% Last Year

6%--not a bad start to the HPC!

The builders near Stratford are offering 5% off without haggling plus stamp duty paid. My guess is that 10% off would be offered in a heartbeat.

Anyone who buys now must have horrible thoughts about whether they are buying at the top and that there is nowhere to go but down.

Dr. Bubb will like this news. He believes building stocks are a very accurate bellweather for the housing market as a whole. IMHO he is correct. The builders will drop prices faster than a __________ _________ once they get a whiff of the crash building speed. This is precisely why they are lowering the prices.

It is true in my area (North West) that new builds fell a bit last year. We were watching the prices as we are renting on a new build village and living 100 yards from the Redrow office. We also have a friend who works in there and advised us that they had dropped a bit. We bought one in October 05, and the price has gone steadily up since, and is now 11k over what we payed for the exact same model. Our friend in the Redrow office says they are literally flying off the shelves too.

Redrow have not modified their incentives either in all the time i've been watching. They have always offered to pay moving fees up to 3k, or in our case 3k cashback as ftb's. Still the same..... :)

Edited by D E

It is true in my area (North West) that new builds fell a bit last year. We were watching the prices as we are renting on a new build village and living 100 yards from the Redrow office. We also have a friend who works in there and advised us that they had dropped a bit. We bought one in October 05, and the price has gone steadily up since, and is now 11k over what we payed for the exact same model. Our friend in the Redrow office says they are literally flying off the shelves too.

Redrow have not modified their incentives either in all the time i've been watching. They have always offered to pay moving fees up to 3k, or in our case 3k cashback as ftb's. Still the same..... :)

absolutely fantastic for you then "youve made 11k" :D

i would say awooga !

but this guy really does think he's made money

good on ya! :rolleyes:

If you can sell and get your money back I would bail right now! Very few buyers can get out without heavy losses this late in the economic cycle. If you can afford the mortgage and a few increases in IR and plan to stay put 7-10 years you have nothing to worry about.

absolutely fantastic for you then "youve made 11k" :D

i would say awooga !

but this guy really does think he's made money

good on ya! :rolleyes:

I really cant believe some of the comments on this site. If you only want to hear one side of things, you may as well abondon the website and talk to your rented walls!

I'm a regular reader, infrequent poster, which shows I am aware of the market at the very least, something which 99% of the population are not I suspect.

I read a thread. I post FACTS. I get sarcasm back in spades!

Frankly, although of some interest to me, money made, money saved, money lost, it matters not. I have my own agendas and reasons, and quite how you can see what I "really believe" from a few lines of text I fail to see.

Carry on...

If you can sell and get your money back I would bail right now! Very few buyers can get out without heavy losses this late in the economic cycle. If you can afford the mortgage and a few increases in IR and plan to stay put 7-10 years you have nothing to worry about.

realistbear

this in my opinion is nigh on impossible !

this is how it goes buyer visits site with view to buying house

they see private sale .builder will just undercut

seen it countless times on my travells

i think its too late.he will just have to hang on in there!

I really cant believe some of the comments on this site. If you only want to hear one side of things, you may as well abondon the website and talk to your rented walls!

I'm a regular reader, infrequent poster, which shows I am aware of the market at the very least, something which 99% of the population are not I suspect.

Frankly, although of some interest to me, money made, money saved, money lost, it matters not. I have my own agendas and reasons, and quite how you can see what I "really believe" from a few lines of text I fail to see.

Carry on...

sorry !

i thought you beleived you had made 11k since buying !

so what are you saying ?

What you've posted are not "facts" but something that your mate - who works in the industry - told you.

On here we call that an "anecdote".

I too am in the NW and seeing houses selling but at well below (10-20%) asking prices.

If you're not a troll, you're naive.

And the friendly folk here on HPC are nothing but instructive.

See this is what I learned -

You havent "made" on your anything on your property until you sell.

Until then, all you got is a big debt.