House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

6pm Itv1: London Tonight On Now (nom)

Note, if you don't live in the ITV London region, you can watch it on sky channel 993

Thanks, but sprog and hubby are watching 'Justice League' :rolleyes:

Can someone post whats said please?

It's about Staircasing where you increase your share of a part owned home. Talks about the goal of getting to 100% ownership (yeah right).

Nothing new to be honest.

It's about Staircasing where you increase your share of a part owned home. Talks about the goal of getting to 100% ownership (yeah right).

Nothing new to be honest.

For those who buy with a mate/stranger/etc, how do they "staircase", assuming all parties wish to increase their share of the property?

It was rubbish. I got my hopes up a little because at the top of the show the presenter said (in a cynical tone) 'can it really be worth buying just 40% of your home?'.

Unfortunately the conclusion of the piece was 'yes'.

For those who buy with a mate/stranger/etc, how do they "staircase", assuming all parties wish to increase their share of the property?

Whoever can act more obnoxious and/or psychotic and sends their buying partner running screaming into the night wins.

Seriously though, I think that out of many of these pairs there will be winners and losers, some who get all of the property cheap, and some who end up paying but having nowhere to live.

Billy Shears

Right now a friend of mine has realised the perils of shared ownership.At 50 something the house he purchased is now worth approx.170000k.he would now have to find somewhere in the region of 70k to own the house outright.When he entered the schene in the 80s the house was valued at around 34k.