House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

Gordon Brown On Politcs Show

gordon brown on the politics show right now talking about wanting a more

'caring society' a more 'civic' society.

hes talking teenages and community and volunteering.

hey gordon - charity begins at home matey.

maybe he should take a leaf out of his own preechings.

and actually do something for young people other than blaming them for having no future.

this is the guy thats sold them up the river with his miracle economy. that takes any future wealth from them and pays it directly to the already rich boomers via insane hpi. some of these teens cant even afford to even rent in their hometowns. and heres gordy pressing them to be more community spirited...

I can't work out whether he is thick or malicious.

Has there ever been a chancellor that has financially dicked over a generation more than this one?

he seems to have a likeable bumbling personality. which is a shame as its wasted while they run out workings like this. causing angry forums.

i cant establish wether it was the greed of individuals or a policy that got us into this situation.

perhaps he bumbled think low lending rates would boost business and the good old british public went the other way and got a monopoly of the next generations housing instead.

the latter i think.

anyone noticed that most labour sleaze so far has been directly linked to property

tessa jowel and the italian prime minster backhander to buy her house

peter mandelson and the intrest free, never pay back house purchase from a labour party contributer

the blairs and the flats in brighton blatent btl on the premise it was for there children (yeah right), and even if it was it shows they obviously have concerns about there kids not being able to aford nothing.

This whole government is total housing based from the top to the bottom, its no wonder theve done nothing and infact encouraged a greater slice of everyones wage packet going to feed the housing boom, and stuffed it rightly to the minority of people without a vested intrest in the property rises.

i mean if it was 70% not in owner occupied ya think he would have got away with how hes shafted some people. not a ******ing chance

Who does this guy think he is?

He can't even be honest about having his own teeth whitened. Before he had horrible stained (smokers?) teeth - now they are gleaming. It's not even illegal any more for dentists to give out bleaching kits. For god's sake, you can buy them in Boots. There's no shame involved - other than accusations of vanity, I guess.

He managed to spin the answer to the question - 'I have not been to the dentists for two years .... though I know this is naughty ......' - you don't need to go to a dentist to buy a bleaching kit anymore.

If you can't rely on him to give an honest answer to a question as harmless as this, how can you rely on the guy to make decisions on national security, the economy, etc.??????

LL

He can't even be honest about having his own teeth whitened. Before he had horrible stained (smokers?) teeth - now they are gleaming. It's not even illegal any more for dentists to give out bleaching kits. For god's sake, you can buy them in Boots. There's no shame involved - other than accusations of vanity, I guess.

He managed to spin the answer to the question - 'I have not been to the dentists for two years .... though I know this is naughty ......' - you don't need to go to a dentist to buy a bleaching kit anymore.

If you can't rely on him to give an honest answer to a question as harmless as this, how can you rely on the guy to make decisions on national security, the economy, etc.??????

LL

Is he getting a make-over ready for the pm job?

and actually do something for young people other than blaming them for having no future.

Apparently he wants to set up a national service type thing, a sort of Labour Youth movement where they will no doubt be indoctrinated in the latest dogma. Two Jags Good, Four Flats Even Better, comrades!

It's all to do with hope isn't it, our youth unemployment figures are amongst the worse in the G8, if you take out people forced into Surfology 'training' and the New Deal bribes it's even worse.

There's only four things I will remember Gordon Brown for:

1. No more boom and bust

2. Promise not to let housing market out of control

3. His golden rule

and more importantly

4. For being a complete w*nker

Edited by Mr Blek

I had to switch the tv off the other day when he came on as I didn't want to gag on my cheese sandwich. God he makes me puke.

I feel better now :D

Thats nothing, I had to switch the tv off the other day when he came on for fear of putting my right boot through the screen.

Apparently he wants to set up a national service type thing, a sort of Labour Youth movement where they will no doubt be indoctrinated in the latest dogma. Two Jags Good, Four Flats Even Better, comrades!

Sounds outrageous, I know. If its not bad enough with the way kids are taught anyway, soon to be done by teaching assistants a lot of the time from what I've heard. There is a lot wrong with teenage youth today. A campaign such as this however, is most certainly not what you want, and won't fix it. The school is the place to fix this, and that needs to be done before grandoise schemes of this nature.

Anybody notice how kids today have absolutely no capacity to think for themselves in a majority of cases? Taking empty minds like that and hand them over to the state? Jesus, I am so glad I don't have children.

gordon brown on the politics show right now talking about wanting a more

'caring society' a more 'civic' society.

hes talking teenages and community and volunteering.

WTF has this got to do with the UK economy, Mr Brown's job being the Chancellor?

Methinks he needs to re-read what his job description entails, I.E. Running the economy properly & not using it as a PR springboard to get into Number 10 Downing Street....

You can watch it here, it seems the media is starting to catch onto the fact the MPC is packed full of Treasury appointed stooges, he said this was necessary for the interests of the country (i.e. necessary to induce feel-good bubbles) and because he didn't want monetary policy to be "hi-jacked by special interests", by that I assume he means real economists in touch with economic reality.

He also talks about "young owner occupiers worried about the supply of housing, and we've got to do more affordable housing", err, which young owner occupiers exactly? It seems he wanted to prefix this with "potential" but couldn't quite bring himself to do it, that would be acknowledging a problem he doesn't believe exists. So run along now and buy your 25% part ownership rabbit hutch!

Let's hope a decade of baggage can only portend his own downfall.

Edited by BuyingBear

Sounds outrageous, I know. If its not bad enough with the way kids are taught anyway, soon to be done by teaching assistants a lot of the time from what I've heard. There is a lot wrong with teenage youth today. A campaign such as this however, is most certainly not what you want, and won't fix it. The school is the place to fix this, and that needs to be done before grandoise schemes of this nature.

Anybody notice how kids today have absolutely no capacity to think for themselves in a majority of cases? Taking empty minds like that and hand them over to the state? Jesus, I am so glad I don't have children.

Rubbish.

Teachers still do the planning and teaching. Also, schools are not the place to fix our social problems, they are there to teach children. In fact, if there is a problem with our schools, it's because they are now having to take the slack from the parents who can't be ar*ed making the effort for their kids.

How are kids going to think for themselves if parents don't guide them properly?

Rubbish.

Teachers still do the planning and teaching. Also, schools are not the place to fix our social problems, they are there to teach children. In fact, if there is a problem with our schools, it's because they are now having to take the slack from the parents who can't be ar*ed making the effort for their kids.

How are kids going to think for themselves if parents don't guide them properly?

Fair point about the parents - lots of examples spring to mind that I have seen this week, where it was obvious the parents, not the children who were the problem. How can you force the parents who can't be arsed though? Most I have seen are to busy having the new kitchen, conservatory etc etc. I think some of these people gave more thought to what model of car they were going to buy than having children.

Not sure I agree with you about the schools. We might not be there yet, but I know several people who work or teach in schools and they are concerned. There is also the issue of quality and calibre of teacher.

Why should they, the state does everything else for them and seems happy to intervene in every aspect of life, why not just let the state raise their children too? Grab yourself a copy of Guardian, crime has nothing to do with personal responsibility or individual choice, it's simply an aspect of institutional failure or a sign that the state is not intervening enough.

If Gordon Brown is unhappy with where house prices are right now, and affecting the future of young people, then he should damn well come out and tell us.

Should he do that, then I would be happy to give him a lot more respect.

As it is, Gordon and everyone else in the media seem to have completely the missed the point about one of the fundamental reasons why young people feel so despondent.

First Time Buyers are crying at night wondering what they've done to deserve so much s**t being thrown at them the past several years, whilst even those in Government have been lauding it up on the back of their property portfolios.

No doubt, a HPC will spell the end of this Government and the fact that it can't even sort the NHS out properly.

Either Brown is too thick or his advisers have told him never to talk about house prices ever, just in case anything he says might cause sentiment in the market to change and leave him and his cronies out of a job.

As it is, Gordon and everyone else in the media seem to have completely the missed the point about one of the fundamental reasons why young people feel so despondent.

First Time Buyers are crying at night wondering what they've done to deserve so much s**t being thrown at them the past several years, whilst even those in Government have been lauding it up on the back of their property portfolios.

It's the elephant in the room, everybody but the most naive of politicians and journalists knows the score, but they dare not mention it.

It's often amusing to hear commentators explain away the latest results from the retail, car and consumer sector being on its back, and why companies such as MFI, B&Q and associated sectors are dying on their feet... they usually blame unseasonable weather or something.

Some of the financial blokes are very circumspect when it comes to housing, a chap from Cantor Index gave a very byzantine answer on the radio the other day along the lines of "a slow down in the rise in lending backed by slowing global asset prices", I managed a wry smile as it's quite obvious what he's talking about.

The predicament today is akin to the last scene in the Italian Job, it could go eitherway but it doesn't look good... so just stand there quietly and shut up!

Why should they, the state does everything else for them and seems happy to intervene in every aspect of life, why not just let the state raise their children too? Grab yourself a copy of Guardian, crime has nothing to do with personal responsibility or individual choice, it's simply an aspect of institutional failure or a sign that the state is not intervening enough.

True, its the increasing Statism thats the biggest worry. I always thought the idea of a democracy, on a real simple level, was that we elected representatives to Parliament to do our bidding by proxy. Our current Great Leader seems to be under the impression he has been elected to Parliament to make our decisions for us. Not the case.

Did you know that Nu Labour have introduced over 700 new crimes since coming to power. Thats a rate 10 X faster than any other administration since Parliament was formed. Result? People still can't go to their corner shop without being surrounded by intimidating teenagers. Areas of our cities are no-go areas for the emergency services.

I think I've said this before, but if you cannot see that this country is going through the biggest program of social control ever seen by a western democracy, then you are blind. Its going to take years to reverse all of this, and correct the house price inequality.

LL

Watch the eyebrows. He will have them thinned as the run for No. 10 approaches. No one in recent times has won the top office with bushy eyebrows. Tricky Dick Nixon realised this too late and lost to Kennedy. The eyebrows lost just enough votes to throw the elction to Kennedy.

Watch the eyebrows. He will have them thinned as the run for No. 10 approaches. No one in recent times has won the top office with bushy eyebrows. Tricky Dick Nixon realised this too late and lost to Kennedy. The eyebrows lost just enough votes to throw the elction to Kennedy.

You mean it wasn't anything to do with the donald ducked economy and overseas entanglements? Mind you, Labour has those too if the eyebrows theory falls down.

Of course Gordon cares.

He cares for each and every one of you.

He cares so much he wants all of you to think of him as your Big Brother.

Look into his eyes and you will understand.

gordon brown is a complete and utter ****.

just like to say that occasionally.

makes me feel better :)

Edited by dunroamin

Apparently he wants to set up a national service type thing, a sort of Labour Youth movement where they will no doubt be indoctrinated in the latest dogma

I may be wrong, but didn't Hitler do something similar? :ph34r::o:ph34r: