House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Once in a lifetime

Blair Announces Abolition Of Elections

Blair announces abolition of elections

'We cannot risk changing course now', Tony Blair said today, as the government published proposals to cancel parliamentary elections.

Mr Blair said that the police had advised him that elections would be dangerous. "They would divert attention from the war on terror", he said. "If the public chose a new government, that would be a victory for terrorism. We must not take that chance. Holding elections would be contrary to the strong advice given to us by our security services and our police, and I am simply not prepared to do it."

Have you seen the date above the article, which then led me to look at the URL of websittte :P But I guess it isn't that far fetched, especially when you consider it was only recently they were talking about the Abolition of Parliment bill :ph34r: