House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Social Houser

A Small Victory Against The Vis?

Dear All,

I thought to share this with you.

On my daily walk around town on my lunchbreak I have been more and more wound up by certain estate agents' windows.

In particular Allen and Harris have still got the "recent" interest rate reduction (August) good time to chat to us about your mortage/time to mess up your life with debt advert placed slap bang in their window.

Well on Thursday I snapped...... I walked in and said basically that recent was a bit of a misnomer and with the rate rise imminent that they should take it down.

Went past on friday and it was down...... made me feel slightly good. So my message to all is if you see something that gets you, just wade in and state your case. Let the anger out..........

Rant over!

Social Houser

Well done IMO. Getting the sign removed was a good result: one less bit of false VI spin infecting the airwaves.

Positive direct action like this has the effect of chipping away and undermining the VIs.

For example a newbuild house nearby is going for £199,950. I know the neighbouring identical property sold for £177,000 in November .

I emailed the estate agent with this info because when I spoke to him on the phone he was genuinely suprised. Completely clueless.

Now he has the nethouseprices link he may check his market in the future.

eusa_dance.gif

post-67-1141563129.gif

Edited by Baz63

Well on Thursday I snapped...... I walked in and said basically that recent was a bit of a misnomer and with the rate rise imminent that they should take it down.

Well done Social Houser. A number of years ago I got mad about a mailshot I got sent from an EA to my RENTED address inviting the owner to put his property on the market. I seemed to get them all the time.

One day I also snapped like you did, and went to pay them a personal visit. I think I wiped the smile of their smug little faces by telling them I didn't want this crap sent to me anymore.

And if memory serves correctly, they never sent anything to me again.