House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Grass On Non Tax Payers

Snitch on businesses not registered for tax ad followed by an ebay one.

Is there just one ad or are they featuring other dodgy geezers?

And anyone up for making a spoof dodgy landlord version?

Yes, I've just leafleted all the Victorian terraces in

Wandsworth with the following!

'' If your landlord's an Aussie living in Sweden grass him to the Swedish tax authorities''

Edited by Michael

'' If your landlord's an Aussie living in Sweden grass him to the Swedish tax authorities''

Yeap, Time to Raise The Tax

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Time to raise the rents. Posted on: Jan 18 2006, 07:39 PM

I am a dual resident. Resident in the UK because my only source of income is there. Resident in Sweden as well because of the time I spend there.

I don't pay any Swedish tax because they have more deductions that I care to name & therefore my Swedish tax return shows a lower income than in England & the Uk tax paid is taken into account therefore writing off the Swedish tax liability.

After april 31st - check out that your landlord is registered on teh scottish landlord registry - if not - grass him up!! [delboypass]

Then you'll get to pay more rent after the landlord passes the costs onto you.

Given the low opinion most HPC posters have of the government's economic management it seems rather contradictory to regard more government intervention as a good thing. Such over regulation and red tape takes power away from both landlords and tenants and puts it in the hands of faceless government bureaucrats who end up controlling yet another aspect of our lives. One way or another we all have to pay more taxes to fund it.

After april 31st - check out that your landlord is registered on teh scottish landlord registry - if not - grass him up!! [delboypass]

Shop around! Pleanty LL with voids to fill.

Given the low opinion most HPC posters have of the government's economic management it seems rather contradictory to regard more government intervention as a good thing. Such over regulation and red tape takes power away from both landlords and tenants and puts it in the hands of faceless government bureaucrats who end up controlling yet another aspect of our lives. One way or another we all have to pay more taxes to fund it.

If they want private landlords to provide vast amounts of accomadation then it is only fair and right that it is as accountable and safe as social housing is.

it is only fair and right that it is as accountable and safe as social housing is.

Which isn't saying much...

I agree with you though.

Landlords need a kick up the ****. It's a shame that some decent people will suffer (there are decent landlords who operate in a less than official manner - I've met lots) but it's about time that people who think they can make a quick buck out of BTL took their responsibilities seriously.

It's also about time that the government started taking responsibility too, and I think this move demonstrates that they are about to.

Edited by vicster

Shop around! Pleanty LL with voids to fill. [FTBagain]

Usually the ones that have voids to fill are the ones who are asking too much.

If they want private landlords to provide vast amounts of accomadation then it is only fair and right that it is as accountable and safe as social housing is. [sarahBell]

Being "as accountable and safe" as council housing seems a remarkably low aspiration. In any case, safety is already covered by existing legislation.

Shop around! Pleanty LL with voids to fill. [FTBagain]

Usually the ones that have voids to fill are the ones who are asking too much.

If they want private landlords to provide vast amounts of accomadation then it is only fair and right that it is as accountable and safe as social housing is. [sarahBell]

Being "as accountable and safe" as council housing seems a remarkably low aspiration. In any case, safety is already covered by existing legislation.

Yeah, but not by any mechanism to enforce it. As if the councils care. They are just happy that they are no longer responsible for the welfare of tenants. And they wouldn't want to support the weak against the strong.

Yeah, but not by any mechanism to enforce it.

Not having a current gas safety certificate, for example, is a criminal offence.

And is there a list of landlords against which to tick the boxes each year?

There will be soon :)

LOL. Yeah, they'll be so desperate to make a few quid to cover the costs that they'll risk us moving out.

Professional landlords won't be dumb enough to raise rents when there's a huge surplus of properties, idiots deserve whatever they get: particularly if they haven't been paying tax on any rent they've collected.

Given the low opinion most HPC posters have of the government's economic management it seems rather contradictory to regard more government intervention as a good thing.

It's not: but if we're getting screwed over by the government, it's only fair that the idiot BTLs do too. I can't wait until Brown announces BTL taxes to raise funds for the government.

Speaking of grassing up, heard a new ad on the radio the other night, it sort of goes like this -

Bloke 1 bragging about his new 32" plasma telly.

Bloke 2 says i don't know how he can afford these things he does'nt work.

Bloke 1 then bragging about his new alloy wheels.

Bloke 2 says i don't know where he is getting the money for these things.

Woman's voice - "Do you know someone who is living off the proceeds of crime, too much bling give us a ring" then gives a phone number.

:lol::lol:

Guest Bart of Darkness
Professional landlords won't be dumb enough to raise rents when there's a huge surplus of properties, idiots deserve whatever they get

Hang on, where does Time to Raise the Rents fit into all this?

what concept ?????

grass on some poor part time cashin hand mechanic, while the phones4u owner sneaks the money out of the uk legally and into tax exile. to the tune of £66 million a year.

yeah - grass up that gardener.....get that £27.49p back off that parasite....