House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Expats Ea

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358553

I really don't understand why people would go through all the hassle of moving to OZ with the mindset that they may not like it and come back, so they rent their house out just incase...

Do't Oz Ea's have to pass some kind of exam?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357930

Feb 27th 2006, 7:25 pm #5

stubby1974

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sending huge vibes. know it sounds stupid but print two copys of photos of your house - ont he back write sold in red and green. put them under your pillow... thats what worked for us - that or soemthing in the air we had 18 viewings and only 2 second viewings and just the single offer...

**sell house vibes**

Oh dear! :blink::lol::blink:

However....

dingbat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am probably going back to the UK, and made some tentative enquiries with estate agents. One large chain (who should probably remain nameless) told me that most houses are stupidly overpriced outside London and that as a cash buyer (even a cash + mortgage like me) I should offer 25% less than the purchase price. He said that people emigrating will take the lower price and that he had a few "on my books". Repossessed houses are also available in increasing numbers too, which is sad. He identified one house I was looking at, and told me to offer nearly £30,000 less than the buyers wanted.

Why are estate agents doing this in the UK? Surely this is unfair on the vendors as puts off potential buyers. Houses here sell in weeks if not days. They are priced to sell, no inflated prices and the so the chain moves quickly.Those of you who are on the market in the UK and have been for months.....doesn't that sound alarm bells? I experienced negative equity in the early nineties and it is a dreadful situation to be in. Maybe people are just being cautious which is why there is a down turn?

The family who were selling the house and leaving for Aus - the estate agent told them I would view but would not offer anywhere near what they were asking. They said OK, which immediately tells me that the house was overpriced.....maybe just reducing the price and having a big advert in the local paper would have been more effective?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....30&page=3&pp=15

Guest muttley

Do't Oz Ea's have to pass some kind of exam?

As opposed to the UK,where they have to fail a few exams.

Guest Bart of Darkness
sending huge vibes. know it sounds stupid but print two copys of photos of your house - ont he back write sold in red and green. put them under your pillow... thats what worked for us

Perhaps they should also avoid stepping on the cracks in the pavement when visiting the EA.