House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mrliberty

The Housing Solution In The Netherlands.......

Mostly used as student accomodation I don't think the architects have suggested they are a long term housing solution. Still if you lived in London and could buy one for £20k?

Mostly used as student accomodation I don't think the architects have suggested they are a long term housing solution. Still if you lived in London and could buy one for £20k?

They are not meant as a long term housing solution. They are for FTB who only plan on living in them for a few years then moving on elsewhere.

I strongly agree with this. Not everyone wants or needs a big house, and it it's very efficient in terms of land use. They'll cost less to heat, light, etc. At £20K, people could pay them off quickly and then start saving for whatever they wanted in the future.

Billy Shears

my god.

2006 and many, many years after the industrial revolution and 2 massive wars and whats the best we can come up with for human living space ? a beehive.

a 1600c mud hut had more room.

400+ years of development and this is what we come up with ?

+ some financial squatter in kent makes a mint from 4 random nothern families he doesnt even know - and thats ok ?

They reminded me of this.

_1724057_300_brothel_ap.jpg

btp

I lived in something similar for a few years as a student. I think there are people who at certain times of their life would be OK about living in them. At a reasonable price.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Sloppy quoting here. I meant that I lived in something like the original studio flats, not the RLA "windows" :)

Question is, if lots of these had been built in London, how much do people think they would be selling for now?

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

aaahhh. At least people are now getting that I was trying to be humorous.

There are some good ideas that expand on this sort of thing in Europe though. Theres a guy over here doing something called M-House. Not quite there yet, and expensive, but economies of scale could sort that out.

Alternative Housing Ideas