House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazychick

Going Cold Turkey - Taking A Month Out

I'm having a rest from tracking prices and reading the forum for a few weeks. I'm finding it all a bit too much at the moment - houses are selling again in Liverpool and they are more expensive! [prices way above 2004 levels - when there was madness]. I'm devastated and can't see a quick end to all this lunacy. I've been chuckling seeing all the houses I've been tracking on rightmove not sold and now they have all got STC on them :(

I'll be back in a few weeks - hopefully there will be some negative spin by then or a rate rise [some hopes].

See ya guys

I'm having a rest from tracking prices and reading the forum for a few weeks. I'm finding it all a bit too much at the moment - houses are selling again in Liverpool and they are more expensive! [prices way above 2004 levels - when there was madness]. I'm devastated and can't see a quick end to all this lunacy. I've been chuckling seeing all the houses I've been tracking on rightmove not sold and now they have all got STC on them :(

I'll be back in a few weeks - hopefully there will be some negative spin by then or a rate rise [some hopes].

See ya guys

Have a nice break!

I think this site can be quite unhealthy for you sometimes. I've literally spent weeks in work reading these forums, and then preached to friends and family alike. My visits here are more occasional now. Thats not to say Ive grown bored with the arguments and comments here. On the contrary, this site has helped educate me; a place where many people, with a far better grip on the markets than I, get together and explore pertinent issues. As Charlie says, this forms part of my 'adult education'. But dont be fooled into thinking this 'crash' (depression) is going to start over night. Obsessing over housing can be bad for your health. Be happy in the knowledge that the symptoms are already apparent. Now have some fun and forget about it.

I think this site can be quite unhealthy for you sometimes. I've literally spent weeks in work reading these forums, and then preached to friends and family alike. My visits here are more occasional now. Thats not to say Ive grown bored with the arguments and comments here. On the contrary, this site has helped educate me; a place where many people, with a far better grip on the markets than I, get together and explore pertinent issues. As Charlie says, this forms part of my 'adult education'. But dont be fooled into thinking this 'crash' (depression) is going to start over night. Obsessing over housing can be bad for your health. Be happy in the knowledge that the symptoms are already apparent. Now have some fun and forget about it.

A watched pot never boils.

Billy Shears

this is a three year thing +.

you have missed this boat - thats true, but there is always a return trip.

though the cycle is 10 years/pages long. we into page 6 i would say.

its a frustration but there is little you can do.

though dont forget the other side of the grass. being in massive debt and worry like the masses.

either way, because of the bubble thats been created. up to 10 years of your life have been affected.

no more boom and bust eh ?

Don't despair because asking prices seem to have risen. Its almost Spring and thousands of properties will be coming to the marketplace with happy owners expecting to bail out at top of the market prices. As Spring wears on into late Spring and late Spring into the summer a lot of those sellers will come to grips with reality and withdraw their properties or sell at the market price if they have to. Don't forget, Rightmove and others have been telling everyone that the market is back to inflation days so people will price accordingly. The problem is that FTBs no longer exist in sufficient numbers to move the chains and debt levels are maxed out.

IMHO Liverpool will drop like a stone as the crash gathers momentum as local wages and employment growth is about as bad as it gets in the UK. Also, I believe Liverpool has the highest repossession rate in the country?

See ya guys

:lol::lol::lol: Obsession?

Come back to us & talk about it when you've chalked up a few more posts......

:lol::lol::lol: Obsession?

Come back to us & talk about it when you've chalked up a few more posts......

Carzy got only 36 posts and you have 4666 and you are talking about obsession. u r becoming ....

Carzy got only 36 posts and you have 4666 and you are talking about obsession. u r becoming ....

I think that was his point.

I wouldn't take any time out now. The tide is turning.

Don't expect thinkgs to happen over a month. Watch it happen over a couple of years. Its like watching a long soap such as EastEnders. We can guess the final outcome, but the fun is seeing what goes tits up on the way,

IMHO Liverpool will drop like a stone as the crash gathers momentum as local wages and employment growth is about as bad as it gets in the UK. Also, I believe Liverpool has the highest repossession rate in the country?

You are right mate - average salary according to Liverpool City Council is £22,412.

The house prices are comparable to a lot of the midlands and the south. Crazychick is right! The ASKING PRICES are still getting pushed up but SUTTON KERSH, Sykes Waterhouse and VENMORE THOMAS JONES. The only Decent, and I use this word loosely, is BEPropertyservices who tend to be getting all the properties that the others overprice and do sell them at more realistic prices.

Liverpool always gets hit hard but there is some resilience there. In 10 years time I am sure that Liverpool with come near the top of the list of biggest hit - as it stands there is very little light at the end of the tunnel :(

Chin UP Crazychick. IR's rise looking likely for MAY so dont expect one sooner.

TB

So if you've posted more than 36 times then that means your addicted? :unsure:;):unsure:

Well, they did join 25th Jan 06. So just over a month is classed as an addiction :lol:

You are right mate - average salary according to Liverpool City Council is £22,412.

The house prices are comparable to a lot of the midlands and the south. Crazychick is right! The ASKING PRICES are still getting pushed up but SUTTON KERSH, Sykes Waterhouse and VENMORE THOMAS JONES. The only Decent, and I use this word loosely, is BEPropertyservices who tend to be getting all the properties that the others overprice and do sell them at more realistic prices.

Liverpool always gets hit hard but there is some resilience there. In 10 years time I am sure that Liverpool with come near the top of the list of biggest hit - as it stands there is very little light at the end of the tunnel :(

Chin UP Crazychick. IR's rise looking likely for MAY so dont expect one sooner.

TB

Here`s a thing that I noticed on the prices section of the HPC site, someone posted that Venmores last auction in L`pool was nearly 100% sold. In fact it was nearer 60% and that was after a furious post sales push. Just an example of how the local propoganda, in the form of that shitty little local rag the L`Echo and its property section, warps the general view. 750,000 copies sell each evening to a pop. of 1 mil :o that is some scary reach. L`pool is my pet watch, it is so fckd I do not know where to start. I found recently a brand new development where prices for the same 2 bed apt. vary from 170-130K, 40k off if you know who to ask ;) as these guys have to get out.

The Beetham tower, one guy apparently paid 500K for the penthouse, now quietly trying to exit at 300K :lol: