House Price Crash Forum
GAL BEAR

Gal Bear Has Been A Really Naughty Bear !

:( Hope you will all be proud of me but I may have been a bit too naughty this time.)

I have been so sick of everyone talking up the property market lately I took my revenge.

I typed up a few 'fake' House Price crash headlines and pasted them onto BBC pages, Daily Telegraph, anything I could get my hands on (printed from stuff on here).

Also found some old 1991/2 news reports (when the market was really crashing last time) and

altered the dates and pertinent names (i.e swapping Tony Blair for John Major and Gordon Brown for

Norman Lamont - or whoever the hell the chancellor was at the time).

I have been leaving them them around the office for a few weeks - in the canteen, near the

fac machine/copier).

I even faked one which had said 'SYDNEY slips into housing free fall' and substituted 'BRITAIN' for 'SYDNEY' etc and dates, names etc.

I have been amazed at the amount of staff who have fallen for it !

I left a couple in the smoking room. One women who goes in there has been trying to sell her house

for nearly a year and willl not drop the price. I looked through the window and saw her reading one of them. :lol::lol: God her face !!!

My boss even called me over in the canteen.

HIM: Hey come here, you'll be interested in this. 'HOUSE PRICES FALL FOR 5 MONTHS IN A ROW!"

ME: Oh yes, I know, well I have been telling you that for months.

HIM: Yes, but I never realised it was this bad. It says house prices are dropping by hundreds

of £ every day. God, last week they said house prices had gone up.

ME: Well what would you epect HALIFAX etc to say ?

Who wrote that item you have there ?

HIM: The BBC.

ME: Well it must be true then, cos they wouldn't lie would they?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have noticed in the last few days a few small comments from these 'sheeple' starting to become

a bit more 'bearish'.

Have I overstepped the mark guys ?

Well actually I don't care. I think there has been so many downright lies told by the VI's and they never

get in trouble for misleading the public so why should I ?

The most amazing thing is they all just believed what they read. Goes to show if its from the

BBC etc they will just take it as gospel. Says it all really ! :lol:

Edited by GAL BEAR

Guest Winners and Losers

:( Hope you will all be proud of me but I may have been a bit too naughty this time.)

I have been so sick of everyone talking up the property market lately I took my revenge.

I typed up a few 'fake' House Price crash headlines and pasted them onto BBC pages, Daily Telegraph, anything I could get my hands on (printed from stuff on here).

Also found some old 1991/2 news reports (when the market was really crashing last time) and

altered the dates and pertinent names (i.e swapping Tony Blair for John Major and Gordon Brown for

I lhave been leaving them them around the office for a few weeks - in the canteen, near the

fac machine/copier).

I even faked one which had said 'SYDNEY slips into housing free fall' and substituted 'BRITAIN' for 'SYDNEY' etc and dates, names etc.

I left a couple in the smoking room. One women who goes in there has been trying to sell her house

for nearly a year and willl not drop the price. I looked through the window and saw her reading one of them. :lol::lol: God her face !!!

HIM: Hey come here, you'll be interested in this. 'HOUSE PRICES FALL FOR 5 MONTHS IN A ROW!"

HIM: Yes, but I never realised it was this bad. It says house prices are dropping by hundreds

Who wrote that item you have there >

I have noticed in the last few days a few small comments from these 'sheeple' starting to become

a bit more 'bearish'.

Well actually I don't care. I think there has been so many downright lies told by the VI's and they never

The most amazing thing is they all just believed what they read. Goes to show if its from the

Very naughty Gal bear, but I like it...

I think you could be onto something here.

Have you been drinking? ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH MY GOD. Gal Bear that is brilliant. Absolutely stunning. Its rare that I manage to read a post that long and laught harder at the end than the beginning.

I nominate you for HPC Devil of the Month... make that the year. You are SO bad.

Very naughty Gal bear, but I like it...

I think you could be onto something here.

Have you been drinking? ;)

As I think I have said on here before , I am a 'vampire bear' I only drink the blood of Estate Agents!

Honestly though guys - give it a go ! It is a bit dishonest but you will be amazed at the amount of

people who will fall for it! I have been ! :lol::lol:

I bet not one of them bothered to check on the web to see if it was true.

Guest Winners and Losers

I want to marry you !!! :lol:

Aw - is this the first HPC proposal? Should we all start looking for hats?

Guest Winners and Losers

What a tedious attempt of neg-VI spin. Sounds like the last gasp of desperation to me.

No, everything here is just peachy thanks! Who is this person???

I want to marry you !!! :lol:

:D Only if you own your own home !!!! (Only joking I'm not that shallow!) :D

Guest Winners and Losers

:D Only if you own your own home !!!! (Only joking I'm not that shallow!) :D

If you were, you would be marrying TTRTR, surely?

What a tedious attempt of neg-VI spin. Sounds like the last gasp of desperation to me.

Yes, I am desperate, I admit it.

Mr.Gal Bear and I earn around £50 grand a year between us and we are completely priced out of

the property market through no fault of our own. All we ever hear are VI's talking the market up and

telling downright lies ! Just like they did in the last crash !

So now this is war and I will do (almost) anything to make some kind of dent in their diabolical spin !

So tough !!! :angry:

HPC turns militant!

Nothing less than the VI's have been doing for years.

Well done GAL_BEAR, I salute you.

Quite amazing that people seem to believe what they read. That's the scariest part, and makes me feel all the better for getting out of this madness.

How about if we could co-ordinate an effort of this type on a web-wide scale? Any ideas?

Edited by BandWagon

If you were, you would be marrying TTRTR, surely?

I woudn't marry him.

Iv'e heard his portfolio isn't very big !!! :lol:

I have been leaving them them around the office for a few weeks - in the canteen, near the

fac machine/copier).

Who wrote that item you have there ?

a bit more 'bearish'.

The bears have resorted to lies. Nothing new in that.

I dunno, Chomsky would be proud :) It's amazing to see how easily people are manipulated provided it's substantiated by something they've been conditioned to automatically trust, like the "BBC". The media must think people are putty in their hands, hence the constant spin and companies often spending more on PR than on advertising.

For your next feat I'd suggest the Milgram experiment, try and zap the sadistic f**kers!

Actually, having seen his avatar I definitley won't be marrying him now, no matter how

big his portfolio is !!! :o

Edited by GAL BEAR

:lol: Naughty naughty!

But, funny!

I like the fact you used 1991/92 headlines. Sometimes I think people do not actually know what life was like back then or have forgotten...

frugalista

Actually, having seen his avatar I definitley won't be marying him now, no matter how

big his portfolio is !!! :o

Thats what he looked like after reading one of your articals :P:lol:

Guest Winners and Losers

I woudn't marry him.

Iv'e heard his portfolio isn't very big !!! :lol:

And a bite to boot! TTRTR is ALWAYS watching...... :o

When they find out its a pack of lies, and they will, how much damage do you think you'll have done to your HPC cause then? Trying to make a self fullfilling prophecy is as weak as it gets, real schoolyard " If I wish for a pony, and tell everyone I have a pony, then surely I'll get one" stuff. Just replace "pony" with HPC.

Say hello to your new name tag. The office freak.

Poor show - were it a bull doing the opposite; dear god, I can practically hear the hissing and spitting from here.

I expected better Gal Bear :(

Guest Winners and Losers

When they find out its a pack of lies, and they will, how much damage do you think you'll have done to your HPC cause then? Trying to make a self fullfilling prophecy is as weak as it gets, real schoolyard " If I wish for a pony, and tell everyone I have a pony, then surely I'll get one" stuff. Just replace "pony" with HPC.

Say hello to your new name tag. The office freak.

Poor show - were it a bull doing the opposite; dear god, I can practically hear the hissing and spitting from here.

I expected better Gal Bear :(

What ARE you talking about? Bulls do it all the time and no-one calls them the office freak! No fair! If I wish for a rise in house prices,and tell everyone that house prices are rising, then surely house prices will continue to rise?

The big difference W+L, is that the "Bulls", "VI's" or whatever you call them have handy statistics to call upon to prove what they say. No matter how you like to pick a hole in them.

They dont tend to resort to photocopying/cut'n'pasteing 14 year old newspaper headlines.

Thats just...sad, really.

Edited by billy-g