House Price Crash Forum

The Gloomy Thread

HOLA441

I'm pretty upbeat most of the time, for most of the same reasons given by wifeling-smi (apart from being married to the man she loves, that would be bigamy :o )

The sun is shining here in Sheffield and it's amazing what a difference that makes to one's spirits.

My god I'm letting the side down aren't I?

The sunshine does it for me too.

This week I see the sun when I get up and it's no longer pitch black when I leave work. Roll on summer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Frankly, Mr Bandylegs - The Smiths is the last thing we need - Morrissey left the UK a long time ago for the LA highlife - hardly the action of someone truly depressed and gloomy... It's all a terrible scam to get us miserable half-wits here on HPC and the like to buy records...

LOL.

Do you think that when Mozza gets home at night and closes the door on the world he ruffles his quiff, changes into his lounge pants and wrestles with the dog whilst enjoying re-reuns of "are you being served" and laughing heartily like a contented musical genius?

HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm often very gloomy these days, don't really know why, materially and finacially no reason to be, but everywhere I look it seems sad, I have this costant feeling that in the West we are living in the end of days, people seem to be more stupid and self centred than ever, and all the time Asia is pulling ahead of us.

Today we have asian slave workers making our shoes, asian house keepers, we use asians as prostitutes when we're not using Eastern europeans, and we take cheap holidays to asia. I can't help but think that very soon the boot will be on the other foot. But unlike them, we have very little to give to the asians that they don't already have.

Taking the last 3000 years of history, the last 300 years of European/US dominance is starting to look to me like a blip in the natural order of things. The sadness for me is that there is no need, it's as though our society is deystroying itself from the inside and at such an incredible pace.

HOLA445

I'm not sure you know.

According to Barratts all these people have just bought houses and they look really happy.

wobs_c.jpg

bme_tpp.jpg

bme_hfftb1.jpg

bme_hes.jpg

Not a gloomy face amongst them.

Wow - now I know what happiness truly looks like... I'm moving into a Barratt home today and don't even attempt to stop me.

Actually re happy photo no. 1 - notice the target on the bloke's sweater - is that for people like us on HPC to aim at when we're doing our drive-by shootings?

Edited by wifeling-smi

HOLA446

I'm not gloomy at all, far from it, I've put my evil reserves to much better use over the last 12 months, far better than anything property could have produced :) I feel sorry for all those gloomy souls sitting on a batch of BTL's with 3.5% yields before the mortgage.

As for a crash, I find the prospect of decent housing for the majority of people to be a good thing, I can't think why pricing people out and reducing children to sleep in kitchens or bedsits (see the shelter report) is a good thing or healthy for wider society, nor do I see why such circumstances should be constantly celebrated as "good news".

If it wasn't for the fact many journalists have a BTL empire, or the fact their political party of choice relies on this stupid situation to perpetuate itself, people would see through this bizarre reasoning. Remember, higher gas, electric, water, council tax = bad. Higher house prices, more unaffordable housing and high density squalor = good, very good.

Imagine this story :-

"Centrica, the parent company of British Gas announced encouraging news today has gas prices in January alone rose 25%, this suprise jump will please many suppliers and hoarders of gas, it is estimated that up to 50% more pensioners will die of the cold this winter alone, a positive up tick on last winter. However, industry 'experts' are gloomly predicting lower prices in the following months, but hopefully things will pick up again despite a dip, hopefully leaving ever more people freezing to death. Some pressure groups accused the market of "leaving people out in the cold" and are looking forward to lower prices, lets hope their gloomy predictions are wrong. Next week I will cover council tax rises, which may be as low as 10%, an alarming downward trend that threatens to undermine confidence".

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA447

As we have now been marked out as gloomy i thought perhaps we should have a topic to wallow in our self pity.

I just looked out the window at the dark dreary and cold day out there, while drinking my coffee from a half empty cup.Looked in the mirror at the black rings around my eyes and realised again the mogadon had not done its stuff.Young fred the paper boy just delivered the newspaper and now the lunatics are in the hall,The paper holds their folded faces to the floor, and everyday the paperboy brings more.

I would carry on but im just to gloomy and depressed

Quite gloomy about the future of this country, poor education system, high/badly spent taxes, social division, unchecked immigration, corruption amongst politicians (all of them), the extreme Right, the Extreme Left, geopolitics/war/Islamism... :(

Oh yes and house prices as well... :blink:

I'm not sure you know.

According to Barratts all these people have just bought houses and they look really happy.

wobs_c.jpg

bme_tpp.jpg

bme_hfftb1.jpg

bme_hes.jpg

They look brainwashed or simple...

Edited by Scooter

HOLA448

David Byrne : Sad Song

You may think I look sad

But I am just sleeping

It's my facial expression

I'm probably dreaming

Would you like to be sad?

Would you like me to teach you?

Well, you can learn to be sad

But you must practice like I do

Na na na, na na na na ...

You must follow directions

And learn it right from the start

There isn't a short cut

It must come from your heart

Well there are those who are happy

And there are those who are wise

But it's the truly sad people

Who get the most out of life

Na na na, na na na na ...

You may think I look sad

But I am just sleeping

It's my facial expression

I'm probably dreaming

HOLA449

lou reed the bed off the most gloomy album ever made called berlin (voted in many polls), but an excelent album non the less, and a must for the gloomy hpcer

This is the place where she lay her head

when she went to bed at night

And this is the place our children were conceived

candles lit the room brightly at night

And this is the place where she cut her wrists

that odd and fateful night

And I said, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling

This is the place where we used to live

I paid for it with love and blood

And these are the boxes that she kept on the shelf

Filled with her poetry and stuff

And this is the room where she took the razor

and cut her wrists that strange and fateful night

I never would have started if I'd known

that it's end this way

But funny thing, I'm not at all sad

that it stopped this way

This is the place where she lay her head

when she went to bed at night

And this is the place our children were conceived

candles lit the room brightly at night

And this is the place where she cut her wrists

That odd and fateful night

HOLA4410

I'm often very gloomy these days, don't really know why, materially and finacially no reason to be, but everywhere I look it seems sad, I have this costant feeling that in the West we are living in the end of days, people seem to be more stupid and self centred than ever, and all the time Asia is pulling ahead of us.

Today we have asian slave workers making our shoes, asian house keepers, we use asians as prostitutes when we're not using Eastern europeans, and we take cheap holidays to asia. I can't help but think that very soon the boot will be on the other foot. But unlike them, we have very little to give to the asians that they don't already have.

Taking the last 3000 years of history, the last 300 years of European/US dominance is starting to look to me like a blip in the natural order of things. The sadness for me is that there is no need, it's as though our society is deystroying itself from the inside and at such an incredible pace.

When you realise things have always been bad, you may cheer up. Have a look at this thread:- William Corbett / John Ruskin

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Frankly, Mr Bandylegs - The Smiths is the last thing we need - Morrissey left the UK a long time ago for the LA highlife - hardly the action of someone truly depressed and gloomy... It's all a terrible scam to get us miserable half-wits here on HPC and the like to buy records...

"Manchester, so much to answer for." "What do we get for our trouble and pain? Just a rented flat in Whalley Range."

Mosser saw the HPC bubble 25 years ago and tried to warn us (permanent renters and "luxury" flats in central Manchester).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'm waiting.

Waiting for my wife to go into labour sometime in the next couple of days (false alarm this morning).

Waiting to hear how big my payrise and bonus are going to be, after one of the best years in the oil industry I can remember.

Waiting for the sunshine and warm weather that is on its way (but dragging its feet).

...and waiting for the inevitable collapse in HPs to burst this ridiculous bubble and let everyone get on with buying the house they want.

I'm not waiting to buy - I already did that around the peak of the local bubble here in London, and I have no regrets so far.

Life is good - cheer up everyone.

When I grew up, air travel was expensive, mobiles were for millionaires, computers were weedy, and the internet didn't exist.

HOLA4415

I'm waiting.

Waiting for my wife to go into labour sometime in the next couple of days (false alarm this morning).

Waiting to hear how big my payrise and bonus are going to be, after one of the best years in the oil industry I can remember.

Waiting for the sunshine and warm weather that is on its way (but dragging its feet).

...and waiting for the inevitable collapse in HPs to burst this ridiculous bubble and let everyone get on with buying the house they want.

I'm not waiting to buy - I already did that around the peak of the local bubble here in London, and I have no regrets so far.

Life is good - cheer up everyone.

When I grew up, air travel was expensive, mobiles were for millionaires, computers were weedy, and the internet didn't exist.

splitter

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm not sure you know.

wobs_c.jpg

bme_tpp.jpg

bme_hfftb1.jpg

bme_hes.jpg

I don't know, that guy in the dark blue t-shirt looks like he he is thinking "oh crap, we just spent how much?"

Babies feel a lot better going in than they do coming out.

:P:P

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I'm not sure you know.

wobs_c.jpg

I think having a picture of a recent house buyer with a target on his shirt is a bit of a Freudian slip. The slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune and all that.

Billy Shears

HOLA4421

I think having a picture of a recent house buyer with a target on his shirt is a bit of a Freudian slip. The slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune and all that.

Billy Shears

I thought that was the symbol the British put on their planes in WWII so that the Germans knew what they were shooting at? :unsure:

HOLA4422

I like the blue t'shirt, talk about a sitting duck! Let's paint a target on his chest for good measure!

please make the cheque out for £5.00 to 'wifelingsmi Jokes plc' for the target gag... look forward to hearing from you

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Can I add another song to the mix...?

Reworked from "I've been waiting for tomorrow all of my life, Soul Mining, The The":

All property desires have been denied to put me in this state of mind

Another year older and what have I done

All my deposit has been bled dry for government fun!

I'm crippled by rental guilt

Blinded by earnings to loan ratio

I've been waiting for tomorrow all of my life

I've been filled with useless information

Spewed out by VI's and government ministers

I've been hounded by well off relatives

Preaching that property prices always rise

Houses should have a low rung

And I'm trying to get onto it

I threw in my money but it wasnt enough

Would be buyers are up against bigger (BTL) fish!!

HOLA4425

Totally cheery. Totally facile. Expect to meet a millionaire in the next couple of days, but if his empire is property I expect I'll pass. Wait for something more tangible. Its all about perspective really. Best not to think too deep and prefer to have multiple credit cards. :P