House Price Crash Forum
homeless

The Gloomy Thread

As we have now been marked out as gloomy i thought perhaps we should have a topic to wallow in our self pity.

I just looked out the window at the dark dreary and cold day out there, while drinking my coffee from a half empty cup.Looked in the mirror at the black rings around my eyes and realised again the mogadon had not done its stuff.Young fred the paper boy just delivered the newspaper and now the lunatics are in the hall,The paper holds their folded faces to the floor, and everyday the paperboy brings more.

I would carry on but im just to gloomy and depressed

“Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him.”

Fred Nietzsche. In spirit I think he was a HPC’er.

Not gloomy at all, among the 6 new 3+ bed houses coming on the market around my postcode this week is one which is "the new best option" for me should I go crazy and decide to buy "right here right now". At £2000 less than the previous, very similar, best option it looked to be a good sign of falling prices. But it turns out to not have gas central heating, so that's about £3000 to install. Puts it above the price of the previous best option, but that would be with brand new heating. It's certainly a strong sign that I'm not being left behind by the market.

Billy Shears

:lol:

nothing worse than being around laughing people when your gloomy, next you will be telling us to just pull ourselves together, and things could be worse.

I am saving up my glumness for when the next council tax bill and utility bills arrive.It does not pay to be too glum too early in the recession cycle you have got to pace yourself properly.We dont want you slitting your wrists and not fully enjoying the end product now do we?

You have got to stick around a fair while longer yet to take full advantage of how the tables are going to be turned on all these btlers and amateur investors that have done this to the likes of you and me.

We must show some solidarity in the face of all this smarm.We must be like the outnumbered and outclassed english at agincourt flicking the v sign at the french knights in their shiny armour.The best is yet to come...................

DIVINE COMEDY

Lifting their arms to the heavens on high

And addressing the invisible gods,

The men cry out, “Immovable gods,

Who gains from invincible fate? Why

Did you create us?! Time unfurls

Relentlessly, and all it breeds

Is pain, illusion, strife, foul deeds,

In a cruel and delirious whirl. . .

Wouldn’t it have been better for us

To remain in the peace of pre-matter,

In the eternal sleep of nothingness?

Why were we made, if pain is our greatest

End?” But the gods, with a voice yet sadder,

Say, “Why, O men, did you create us?”

Antero de Quental

I'm not 'gloomy' at all thank you very much! The sun is shining, I'm self-employed, renting, free as a bird, married to the man I love, money in the bank (for a deposit) and the HOUSE PRICE CRASH IS COMING - I couldn't be happier -

Well, actually - when the smug, arrogant, post-menopausal editor of the Times property section loses her nasty, nylon shirt when it all comes crashing down around her... my happiness levels will hit the ceiling...

:):):rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::):)

"Frankly, mr. shankly, this position i've held

It pays my way, and it corrodes my soul

I want to leave, you will not miss me

I want to go down in musical history"

The Smiths - Frankly, Mr. Shankley.

More of;

"Frankly, mr. shankly, since you ask

You are a flatulent pain in the ****

I do not mean to be so rude

Still, i must speak frankly, mr. shankly

Oh, give us your money !"

Although admittedly it's more to do with Friday afternoon work gloominess than HPC D&G.

Edited by bandylegs

I'm not 'gloomy' at all thank you very much! The sun is shining, I'm self-employed, renting, free as a bird, married to the man I love, money in the bank (for a deposit) and the HOUSE PRICE CRASH IS COMING - I couldn't be happier -

Well, actually - when the smug, arrogant, post-menopausal editor of the Times property section loses her nasty, nylon shirt when it all comes crashing down around her... my happiness levels will hit the ceiling...

:):):rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::):)

i think your on the wrong site

no bugger off and leaves us to our anguish and doom

"Frankly, mr. shankly, this position i've held

It pays my way, and it corrodes my soul

I want to leave, you will not miss me

I want to go down in musical history"

The Smiths - Frankly, Mr. Shankley.

More of;

"Frankly, mr. shankly, since you ask

You are a flatulent pain in the ****

I do not mean to be so rude

Still, i must speak frankly, mr. shankly

Oh, give us your money !"

Frankly, Mr Bandylegs - The Smiths is the last thing we need - Morrissey left the UK a long time ago for the LA highlife - hardly the action of someone truly depressed and gloomy... It's all a terrible scam to get us miserable half-wits here on HPC and the like to buy records...

Cheer up, HPCers. You know what they say.

The plight of FTBs is bad,

VIs can really make you mad.

The BBC just makes you swear and curse.

When you're done scouring Rightmove's data,

Don't grumble, send your MP a letter!

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...

...always look on the bright side of life!

i think your on the wrong site

no bugger off and leaves us to our anguish and doom

Just because we don't own houses, doesn't mean we all have to be miserable you know... aren't you the slightest bit happy that it's sunny, spring is on the way, the birds are singing, Kirsty Alsopp is getting fatter and the sh*t is just about the hit the fan?

OR perhaps this site is just an outlet for genuinely depressed souls who have no other way of expressing their sorrows? I think you're right afterall - I'm definately on the wrong site...

Guest Bart of Darkness

I'm pretty upbeat most of the time, for most of the same reasons given by wifeling-smi (apart from being married to the man she loves, that would be bigamy :o )

The sun is shining here in Sheffield and it's amazing what a difference that makes to one's spirits.

My god I'm letting the side down aren't I?