House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
echapps

Hospital Parking Prices

Last night's local news (I think) featured a piece on hospital parking prices. How someone who has frequent outpatient appointments can soon spend hundreds on parking.

"Ah, but didn't they know there is a scheme under which frequent hospital users can get discounted or even free parking?"

Apparently not. And apparantly lots of regular patients are ripped off. So what's the solution?

ALthough I'm happy to pay for others' healthcare via my taxes, I for one do not wish to pay for their hospital parking. Land is at a premium at most hospital sites: car park usage needs to be managed.

Anyway, I certainly don't want to pay for a "benefits' manager".

Stop charging people for a service they've already paid for through tax and NI?

Radical I know, but worth a thought. :blink:

Yes I remember when they were founding the Health Service the banners said "free parking for all". ;)

I agree that patients shouldn't have to pay surely when they receive their appointment letter they should get a voucher for parking, which in the case of children could be used by visiting parents.

Or shock horror people could use public transport as hospitals do tend to have very good transport links. :P

Finally the reason a lot of hospitals have to charge is because Mr/Mrs Filthy Scumbag abused free parking spaces in hospitals that had a central location. They'd park for free then have a 5/10 minute walk to work and would be pleased as punch as to how they saved £x for parking and not giving a toss that patients/doctors/vistors couldn't park. But then again that seems to sum up all too many people in this country nowadays.

Edited by mustrum_ridcully

when a family member was very ill and in hospital they had pay TV for £3.50p per day.

strange that 4 miles away at garth prison the prisoners got the same channels for free....?

+ prison visitor parking was free.

whats going on here ?????

Edited by right_freds_dead