House Price Crash Forum

housepricecrash - gloomy :blink:

No shi* course we are gloomy, we've been priced out of owning a home, due to irrational

increases.

Oh and apparently there is a lack of space in the UK. What a wonderfully researched article :lol:

What is the figure again? We've built on 10% of the land in the UK?

Apparently we're the doom mongers as well for wanting affordable housing for the population.

What a greedy, self-centred, bottle-blond ignoramus that woman is... She'll be the first in line, bleating and blubbering when her little BTL empire gets sold off by the bank. :P

The Times must have employed her to improve their diversity profile, for she has no journalistic talent whatsoever. I think a career a the BBC would suit her well - in the copy and paste press release department. :lol:

Oh and apparently there is a lack of space in the UK. What a wonderfully researched article :lol:

Apparently we're the doom mongers as well for wanting affordable housing for the population.

What a greedy, self-centred, bottle-blond ignoramus that woman is... She'll be the first in line, bleating and blubbering when her little BTL empire gets sold off by the bank. :P

The Times must have employed her to improve their diversity profile, for she has no journalistic talent whatsoever. I think a career a the BBC would suit her well - in the copy and paste press release department. :lol:

She's in the same bull mould as her predecessor "Anne Spankmemam" , she must have a BTL portfolio to protect.

Have to admit she looks pretty tidy for an older gal. FWOOOAAAAAARRR!!

I was hoping to track down the sour faced cows email address to give her some advice. I googled @thetimes.co.uk and found anne.ashworth@thetimes.co.uk

sent the mail but it bounced, seems like they probably get there fair share of hate mail so i think everything has to go to via letters@thetimes.co.uk

Anyway here is the undelivery email. If anyone has a degree in computer hacking could you hack into the times email system and deliver it for me.

Anne,

I was not surprised to find you describing the

visitors to web site housepricecrash as an

"online home for the inveterately gloomy."

After all Anne, you are The Time Property Editor, its

in your interest to rubbish any opinions other that

your own. I would describe the people at

housepricecrash as a home for the financially astute.

Let me guess Anne do you own three buy to let

properties or four.

You see Anne no amount of mud slinging will change our

view on the property market. Doom mongers, prices only

ever go up, its different this time, change the record

please Anne.

There is only one way property is heading and that is

South. There is only so much straw clutching from

vested instructs such as your self that can be done.

By using your position as Property Editor of the Times

to ramp up the market you are exposing not only your

own personal greed but the greed of a whole generation

of BTL's property developers, and other vested

interests.

How about some insight into how teachers, firemen

policemen and ordinary folk are priced out of the

market by buy to let parasites such as yourself? No,

didn't think so.

These types swap such prophesies of doom at www.housepricecrash.co.uk, the online home for the inveterately gloomy.

Made me laugh anyway. :lol:

So the Times' property editor doesn't like this site - what a surprise! :P

Come-on Anne, reveal yourself!

I think she has done a great job advertising this site. In the current media mode of talking up prices any journalist praising this site would probably lose their street cred... so what to do...

You talk in favour of the market... criticize this site by calling it a place for doom mongers, which appeases your fellow journalists... but what she has also done is expose the link and all the information here to loads of Times reader... who are more than capable of making their mind up after reading facts on this site.

If they did not like www.housepricecrash.co.uk they would not have allowed the link.

Thank you to The Times for the column space.

CAS

Guest Riser

Yes imagine how gloomy we'd all feel if we could all buy a palace with a thousand acres for the same price as a small car.

EDIT: This might one day be feasible with nanotechnology (click).

Were not gloomy, we know what will happen next, any gloom we feel now will be as nothing compared to those stretching to buy now at prices 40% above the long term trend with the prospect of increasing interest rates :lol:

Signal_NationalQ405.png National House price HPI going negative SELL trigger for housing

post-1619-1141382425.png

Edited by Riser

I think she has done a great job advertising this site. In the current media mode of talking up prices any journalist praising this site would probably lose their street cred... so what to do...

You talk in favour of the market... criticize this site by calling it a place for doom mongers, which appeases your fellow journalists... but what she has also done is expose the link and all the information here to loads of Times reader... who are more than capable of making their mind up after reading facts on this site.

If they did not like www.housepricecrash.co.uk they would not have allowed the link.

Thank you to The Times for the column space.

CAS

Coolaftershave,

Thanks for putting my thoughts into a readable form,

KT

ditto....and shes a property owning babe alright. i could see her thurs/fri and monday eves. all she would have to do is offer me a reduced flat. ill keep the gaff tidy and get buff on the rowing machine during the day so i can give her a proper seeing to at night. then we'd get ripped to our hairy t1ts on cans of stella.

the rest is a pipe dream.

i can give her a proper seeing to at night. then we'd get ripped to our hairy t1ts on cans of stella.

Now there's an offer! - surely you should email her with it directly? do you think she gets 'ripped to her hairy t1ts' often? these posh birds do love a bit of rough every now and then :D

Edited by spuggy

The fact that HPC is getting mentioned and obviously winding these people up is great. They are trying to rubbish the good people of this site and that's because they're getting scared! They know it's coming so they're venting their frustrations :lol:

The fact that HPC is getting mentioned and obviously winding these people up is great. They are trying to rubbish the good people of this site and that's because they're getting scared! They know it's coming so they're venting their frustrations :lol:

Word!!!

Agree with coolaftershave’s comments, but what else can she say about the site?

She’s simply reflecting our tendency to spin almost any news story into propheses of imminent house price meltdown, and entirely consistent with HPC’s evolving unique “brand” in the property business. Obviously we are not even the slightest gloomy about the doom prophesies apparently being set back by maybe a year. :lol:

Take a look at the contents of this thread so far, and speculate on what else is now being added to the list of HPC brand attributes … :o

Edited by spline

Guest Bart of Darkness

Indeed. If she wants to cheer me up (being such a gloomy soul) I can think of a few ways she could do it.

Come off of it Anne!

This site isn't a bunch of loonies who think they should be able to afford Kensington Palace for the price of the average 3 bed semi.

If you look at previous polls most of the members here claim to have a very high level of education, mostly university graduates and beyond. Several are qualified accountants or have degrees in economics; I think its fair to say that they in particular know a fair bit about investment appraisal.

To dismiss our arguments as prophecies of doom is the sort of one sided reporting that has contributed greatly to the present housing bubble.

For the avoidance of doubt, there are compelling arguements to back up the predictions of major falls in house prices. These arguments are backed up by independent research by various bodies, to include the OECD, which come to the same conclusion. The fact that FTB's are have effectively been replaced by (loss making) BTL investors really should tell you something.

To dismiss these serious concerns as prophecies of doom and focus instead on the heavily spun PR work of the mortgage banks and other vested interests is lazy, incompetent journalism at best and bordering on fraudulent at worst.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edit: One final point, how does a refusal to throw away most of our future wealth on a massively overpriced one bed flat equate to gloom.? We are saving for the future and trying to prevent others from making a mistake they will regret for the rest of our lives. For most people HPC will be a good thing, how is that gloomy?

Edited by Young Goat

Guest Guy_Montag

Come on guys, be civil, there is no need to launch that volley of abuse just because you don't agree with her pov. She has given us much needed publicity, there will be many more people coming to the site over the next day or two. Don't look like a bunch of immature kids having a hissy fit.

If you don't agree with her, take her article to pieces in an objective & logical manner. It's really not hard & is going to convince more people than giving making unpleasant comments about her personal life.

Also bear in mind as she's appears to have been lurking, she will be reading this thread. If you have any messages to pass on I suggest you leave them here, & try not to make it look like most of your letters are written in green crayon, it doesn't impress anyone & will just lead to us being viewed as a bunch of losers ranting to each other, not a group of educated & informed people with an interest in the housing market.

GM

Some prat who has all of their equity looking at it like its a piggy bank and entirely convinced that the properties value can't dip, ever..

Perhaps thinking that property prices weren't already at these levels 9 years ago because the prat believes that he belongs to a race of super clever uber humans that were the first to realise that houses were infact worth this much..

The prat looks to the past and the peaks and troughs of the housing market and sniggers at the fools who allowed the market to crash, or crushing wage push inflation to create economic ruin and recessions.. He knows that this time things are different. That every speculative market has failed throughout history only goes to show the limitations of the subhuman's that came before him.

That Prat is king, there will be no bust..

He knows that when he re-mortgages his home to buy his shiny BMW that he is freeing profit from his home... In no way is he merely getting further into debt and using his home to guarantee that debt.. That is obvious to all, well All as clever as the prat..

He laughs at the generation that will follow him, they will never own a home... Never.. The prat knows that..

A few perhaps, but the great majority can only dream.. Hell if they can't even pay enough rent to cover the landlords mortgage, how could they buy their own.?? He wishes they would pay more.. But they keep renting from people who bought their BTL before prices climbed to where they should have been..

We are not gloomy that we can't afford a home, we are gloomy that there are too many prats driving the country into a recession..

Its not that we can't afford a home, its that the economy can't afford for the prats to think they can..

There is a difference..

That this has happened three times before, the long drawn out cycle clearly mapped out.. and anyone looking at house prices over time, then looking at house prices mapped against average salary, then add to the last graph the periods of recession the country has endured would understand.

Understand what is happening right now..

Show me a speculative market that hasn't burst and I will show you just one.

The housing market..

and that's because it hasn't yet.

There have never been so many homes per head of capita as there are today.. Tomorrow there will be even more.