House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chrispo1972

Big Hello To Everyone Out There

HI all just found site, nice to see theres alot of sensible people out there that arent being pressured into buying overpriced houses. Its a crazy the way the house market has become. Im unable to afford a mortgage anywhere in the country and im now no longer prepared to rent privately and pay the landlords mortgage for them. ive now moved back to parents house(yes i know SAD LOSER) but they may aswell have my money instead of greedy landlords. whats even more crazy is that if my parents were to leave me and my siblings their house in their will, the amount of inheritence tax we would have to pay could of bought a house a decade ago(approx 50k). so i cant buy a house, if i rent im paying someone else's mortgage, if im left my parents house ill have to find 50k to live in the house i was brought up in. i think the answer is to buy my parents house off them and let them live with me for the rest of their lives. any way rant over cheers

HI all just found site, nice to see theres alot of sensible people out there that arent being pressured into buying overpriced houses. Its a crazy the way the house market has become. Im unable to afford a mortgage anywhere in the country and im now no longer prepared to rent privately and pay the landlords mortgage for them. ive now moved back to parents house(yes i know SAD LOSER) but they may aswell have my money instead of greedy landlords. whats even more crazy is that if my parents were to leave me and my siblings their house in their will, the amount of inheritence tax we would have to pay could of bought a house a decade ago(approx 50k). so i cant buy a house, if i rent im paying someone else's mortgage, if im left my parents house ill have to find 50k to live in the house i was brought up in. i think the answer is to buy my parents house off them and let them live with me for the rest of their lives. any way rant over cheers

Welcome to the madness. :)

Make yourself comfortable.................

Chris,

Welcome mate. I'm 31 this year and moved back in with my mum last year. I agree about

giving rent money to parents rather than landlords.

I'm prepared to stay here until this madness ends and corrects or unless my relationship with girly gets more more serious, then I'll ensure the rent is less than an IO mortgage on the same place.

Edited by OzzMosiz

The most obvious and repeating cycle ever measured in economic history is falling gradually down the slope toward sanity..

as it has four times since the war.

Three facts.

1) No Inflation means price drops worse then 1989 (wage inflation)

2) There has not been a bubble that has not burst..

3) what really bites my butt is that people will be surprised..

They will have the audacity to be surprised..

Morons

cheers for the friendly greetings......

does anyone know the legalities involved in buying my parents house at a much lower price then the current market price. are they allowed to sell it to me for lets say £60k if its currently worth £300k on the market, or is it entirley up to them, and is there any way to not have estate agents involved and just use a lawyer to write up the legal documents. as you can tell ive not really looked into this yet as the idea was only discussed early today hence me finding this site

cheers for the friendly greetings......

does anyone know the legalities involved in buying my parents house at a much lower price then the current market price. are they allowed to sell it to me for lets say £60k if its currently worth £300k on the market, or is it entirley up to them, and is there any way to not have estate agents involved and just use a lawyer to write up the legal documents. as you can tell ive not really looked into this yet as the idea was only discussed early today hence me finding this site

I think the best way is to get yoru parents to *give* you the house and make them live for atleast 7 years afterwards, i think thats the usual inheritance tax avoidance thingamejig.

EDITED:

Actually ignore that, i think i might be speaking sh*t, its late

Edited by theChuz

If your parents continue to live there, it won't work for inheritance tax...

I suppose claiming that they are actually alien lizard replica's wont work

i need to buy it off them so that they've got some spending money

Bump the thread back up in the morning , more folks will be awake then who im sure can give you a decent answer.

Mine all tend to revolve around staging deaths, setting up religous institutions or proving they're aliens. Normal people will be around in the morning though. :)

Edited by theChuz

(yes i know SAD LOSER)

Sounds like you'll be a winner.

Your future's considerably brighter than those poor unfortunate fools on Kirsty's prog this evening. They're being enslaved by a lifetime of debt simply because they've climbed onto what should be the mere first rung of the property ladder.

People like you show great strength of character: ignoring heavy social and peer group pressure, you've take the sensible path.

and dont forget. hot chicks love men who live with their parents...

But remember to keep the noise to a minimum with ma and pa in the next room...

But remember to keep the noise to a minimum with ma and pa in the next room...

Also remember to tell ma and pa to keep their own noise down while you are 'entertaining'.

But remember to keep the noise to a minimum with ma and pa in the next room..

no way.

leave the door ajar for an extra special buzz that all filthy chicks just dig.

your dad will get all hot under the collar hearing the moans from some pvc clad bi-chicks and yourself as you roll about high on methamphetamines on the racing car bed with the look-in posters.

Also remember to tell ma and pa to keep their own noise down while you are 'entertaining'.

..and to stop stealing the duvet.

Welcome to the site.

You're going to take a lot of stick for talking about paying the landlord's mortgage.

Excuse me while I go first.

You basically have to consider renting the property, or renting the money to buy the property. Think about that.

If it's cheaper to rent the property than it is to rent the money to buy the property, then it's probably better to rent.

That's a simplification, but essentially the core of the issue. In many places you can now get the landlord to subsidise *your* lifestyle.

This anomaly in business is because too much cheap money has been thrown at too many inexperienced BTL fools.

In addition, many BTL idiots are taking a massively geared position on the future movement of house prices, secure in the knowledge that their peers tell them prices only go up. They ignore history.

Anyway, welcome again, you're going to learn a lot...

Good article from MSW...

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/article/...63282_1,00.html

Edited by BandWagon