House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
By-Tor

Can Anyone Draw For Toffee?

Can anyone draw for toffee (as it says on the tin).

Could someone draw a cartoon of a giant ladder with the rungs about 15 feet apart, perhaps the first rung maybe 20 feet above the ground with lots of Giles type characters standing at the bottom trying to stand on each others shoulders, or jumping futilely.

And on each rung others hanging on, with perhaps one or two people falling off from a great height due to the ball and chain with a £ symbol on it chained to their ankles.

Titled "The Property Ladder".

I reckon this if drawn well could really catch on, we could use it in emails to the newspapers along with some of the letters already being written with permission to use the cartoon in print. A lot of the tabloids would probably love the humour.

We could also start a chain email with the cartoon attached. Any thoughts, any artists (other than the obligatory pis* artists) lol.

Guest Winners and Losers

We could also start a chain email with the cartoon attached. Any thoughts, any artists (other than the obligatory pis* artists) lol.

:lol: That leaves, uh, no-one. :(

Guest Winners and Losers

housingladder7vw.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one! Love the poor person clinging to the ladder for dear life! Jest you may, but there is always truth in humour.

I'd like to see t-shirts with:

1 photo of a house that you could buy with 3 times the average earnings in 2000

+

1 photo of a house that you could buy with 3 times average earnings in 2006

The photos ought to be side by side with the following statement underneath:

'Now Tell Me What's So Good About High/Rising House Prices!!!'

T-Shirts that also somehow communicate that as house prices rise estate agents, mortgage lenders, TV property programme presenters, etc. get richer and we (joe and jane public) get poorer with less money to put into our pensions, savings and day to day quality of life would be good to see.

Hi,

Desperate Flatwife here.

I can't draw for toffee, but what I will say is I think we are all getting so fed up of waiting for this "crash" to happen. I am seeing more and more ideas from people who think we need to draw attention to our site a bit more.

This is my idea, which could be illegal. We produce simple stickers saying something like "HousePriceCrash.co.uk" and then decide upon a day, maybe the day the BofE meet up again to decide interest rates.

Then, under cover of darkness we all blitz every FOR SALE sign we can find in our area with the stickers.

What does anyone think of this idea?

Hi,

Desperate Flatwife here.

I can't draw for toffee, but what I will say is I think we are all getting so fed up of waiting for this "crash" to happen. I am seeing more and more ideas from people who think we need to draw attention to our site a bit more.

This is my idea, which could be illegal. We produce simple stickers saying something like "HousePriceCrash.co.uk" and then decide upon a day, maybe the day the BofE meet up again to decide interest rates.

Then, under cover of darkness we all blitz every FOR SALE sign we can find in our area with the stickers.

What does anyone think of this idea?

similair idea here

dont need a t-shirt. no one listen anyway. they are too busy eating the cake.

the only way the hpc is going to happen is when the financial dynamics collapse.

..round about now....

dont need a t-shirt. no one listen anyway. they are too busy eating the cake.

the only way the hpc is going to happen is when the financial dynamics collapse.

..round about now....

Absolutely disagree. T-shirt is brilliant idea. Could get media coverage if even just 100 people in London started wearing one. What if it caught on? Things do catch on. Be nice to get to the point where the BTL middle class chattering classes scum in London actually are ashamed to own up to owning several BTL properties.

Thought that graphic was great whoever drew it. It needs the big £ or mortgage repayment weight hanging on the person on the ladder though.

Cartoons??!! Be very careful, you might offend someone!

You wouldnt want to upset any VI's or homeowners. :lol: