House Price Crash Forum

Job Loses Getting More Airtime

HOLA441

Just watched Calendar, talking about the job losses announced today at Rowntrees Chocolates and MFI. They had an expert on (cough) and were asking him why all the redundancies and is it going to get worse.

This did not happen last year.......

My wife told her friend about matalan struggling... they are oblivious to it. So the more stories and airtime the faster the crash.

HOLA442

I often type 'jobs go' in the Yahoo News search engine:

Here is a snippet from tonights offering:

# 275 jobs to go at chocolate firm

BBC News - 02 Mar 01:38PM

Nestle announces it is to cut 234 jobs in York and 41 in the North East after a business review.

# 40 jobs to go in Co Mayo

u.tv - 45 minutes ago

Oasis, a Ballina based industry, is to cease manufacturing water coolers with the loss of 40 jobs. Staff were informed of the decision this afternoon.

# Up to 170 jobs go at card firm

BBC News - 01 Mar 02:28PM

Greeting card firm Hallmark Cards says they are cutting about 170 jobs at their Bradford base.

# Jobs go in council cost-cutting

BBC News - 01 Mar 12:14PM

Newcastle Council is cutting 200 jobs and closing a children's home and residential centre for the elderly to save cash.

# Jobs to go in enterprise shake-up

BBC News - 02 Mar 07:12AM

One of the 10 local enterprise companies in the Highlands and Islands is set to disappear.

# MFI jobs go as profits plunge

Evening Gazette - 28 Feb 12:50PM

Furniture firm MFI today plunged into the red and revealed the reasons behind its job axing, costing-cutting action plan. The group is to chop 1,500 UK jobs - including 600 at its Hygena factory in Stockton - as part of plans to revive its flagging fortunes.

# Jobs go as INK shuts

Guernsey Press and Star - 28 Feb 04:03PM

A TOTAL of 22 people lost their jobs yesterday when INK Ltd ceased trading. The printing firm, which was based at Newlands Building, Lowlands Industrial Estate, had been in financial difficulties for some time.

# 15 jobs go at Kwik Save as Somerfield sells up

Gazette - 28 Feb 02:53PM

FIFTEEN jobs are to be axed at a St Annes supermarket....

HOLA443
HOLA444

I often type 'jobs go' in the Yahoo News search engine:

Here is a snippet from tonights offering:

# 275 jobs to go at chocolate firm

BBC News - 02 Mar 01:38PM

Nestle announces it is to cut 234 jobs in York and 41 in the North East after a business review.

# 40 jobs to go in Co Mayo

u.tv - 45 minutes ago

Oasis, a Ballina based industry, is to cease manufacturing water coolers with the loss of 40 jobs. Staff were informed of the decision this afternoon.

# Up to 170 jobs go at card firm

BBC News - 01 Mar 02:28PM

Greeting card firm Hallmark Cards says they are cutting about 170 jobs at their Bradford base.

# Jobs go in council cost-cutting

BBC News - 01 Mar 12:14PM

Newcastle Council is cutting 200 jobs and closing a children's home and residential centre for the elderly to save cash.

# Jobs to go in enterprise shake-up

BBC News - 02 Mar 07:12AM

One of the 10 local enterprise companies in the Highlands and Islands is set to disappear.

# MFI jobs go as profits plunge

Evening Gazette - 28 Feb 12:50PM

Furniture firm MFI today plunged into the red and revealed the reasons behind its job axing, costing-cutting action plan. The group is to chop 1,500 UK jobs - including 600 at its Hygena factory in Stockton - as part of plans to revive its flagging fortunes.

# Jobs go as INK shuts

Guernsey Press and Star - 28 Feb 04:03PM

A TOTAL of 22 people lost their jobs yesterday when INK Ltd ceased trading. The printing firm, which was based at Newlands Building, Lowlands Industrial Estate, had been in financial difficulties for some time.

# 15 jobs go at Kwik Save as Somerfield sells up

Gazette - 28 Feb 02:53PM

FIFTEEN jobs are to be axed at a St Annes supermarket....

Thats quite a Selection Box of job losses!

I'll get me coat! :(

HOLA445

With all the job losses, its starting to remind me of the last crash. Tune into News at Ten, get the latest unemployment figures.

The tanker has turned and is preparing to steam roll.

HOLA446

With all the job losses, its starting to remind me of the last crash. Tune into News at Ten, get the latest unemployment figures.

The tanker has turned and is preparing to steam roll.

Do you think the job losses were as advanced as this during the last crash? It would seem that we have this artificial Nu-Labour masking of the real stats. What really shocked me was the dramatic 3month increase in unemployment. It's hard to see what's sustaining the HPI. I have a theory that the newly unemployed might be dipping into their home equity. (home = that thing of unlimited value)

Edited by Xurbia