House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

The Crash Is Here!

For my 1000th post.... a few nice graphs for those living in the South West, particularly for where I live.

All from Halifax data, freely available on their website.

First Picture:

A capture of Halifax summary regional HPI data.... :D

SW_RegionalSummary.jpg

First Graph:

South West Quarterly HPI graph 1984-2006.... ooh look its gone negative :D

SW_Quarterly.jpg

Second Graph:

County of Avon (I know it dosen't exist anymore but Halifax haven't noticed) Average house price Quarterly 1997 to 2005..... Oh look its lower now than in 2004 (nice peak). :D

Avon_Quarterly.jpg

Third Graph:

Weston-super-Mare Average House Price Yearly 1998-2005.... note the 2004 peak and steady decline :D:D and :D

WSM_Annual.jpg

I suspect that the South West could lead the crash, as seems to be the case, rather than London.

I'll update these graphs at the end of 2006 just to see if we're still on track..... now wheres my tin helmet :P

post-692-1141314414.jpg

post-692-1141314423.jpg

post-692-1141314431.jpg

post-692-1141314437.jpg

Wohoo!! Excellent news... down they come like a house of cards. Was talking to a colleague recently who's got her house on the market. They want to sell asap as they're moving 'up north'. She's very nervous...

I told her she need to price realistically. If the price is right it will sell!! :P

I've posted this already (in the B&NES thread over on "What are prices...") but it seems relevant enough to post again here:

Chronic

The headline?

HOMES MARKET IS ON THE UP

The closing paragraph?

...the average price of a home in the city was £184,600 in January, the same as in December.

Go figure....!