House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BillyShears

What Would Happen If ....

Given that HPC seems quite popular according to web stats, does that mean that it would be feasible to start a free advertise-your-house service on www.housepricecrash.co.uk?

No, I'm not serious. But it would be one small "up yours" to rightmove.

Billy Shears

So long as people advertise for a very low asking price.... otherwise I don't think they'd get many offers.

:P

Free advertising for anyone selling below the price shown for last sale on Land registry LOL

Free advertising for anyone selling below the price shown for last sale on Land registry LOL

I was suggesting free advertising for everyone, but it would be fun to restrict it to only those sellers selling for less than they paid :)

Billy Shears

What would be great is a parody of the rightmove site.

They quote the actual asking price

We, as buyers, quote the actual offer price

Then we can release a press brief stating average offer price everytime RM publishes its monthly brief

Then we can release a press brief stating average offer price everytime RM publishes its monthly brief

How about setting up a free email service? SmelltheFear@housepricecrash.co.uk has a nice ring to it. Everyone I email would be intrigued and have a look at this website.

How about setting up a free email service? SmelltheFear@housepricecrash.co.uk has a nice ring to it. Everyone I email would be intrigued and have a look at this website.

As a contractor, some organisations don't give me the privledge of a corporate email account. MrBlek@housepricecrash.co.uk would certainly raise a few eyebrows, probably get me sacked :lol:

This might come in handy

http://www.squirrelmail.org/

Don't think its too hard to set up a webmail service.

Even if we don't want to go down the whole hotmail/yahoo/gmail route

it may be possible to set up many redirects to your ordinary

email accounts.

Webmaster has all of our email addresses... so...

Coolaftershave@housepricecrash.co.uk would be great!!!!!

What would you call the parody ? 'Can't Move', 'Slight Move' (Down), 'Fright-Mews' 'Rhubarb Muse' :)

I actually had an idea something similiar to that.

A site where buyers specify their requirements (required, desirable) and an upper limit. Of course buyers would haggle down on anything that wasn't up to the spec. It could become quite lucrative during a crash.

Hello rhubarb!

Yeah, but you've already said that you are going to pay the 190 for a single stick :o Its people like you that drive up the market, and guarantee a scarcity of custard rhubarb :lol:

personally, I'd like to see the Supermarkets, Tesco et al enter the house selling business.

then it's bye bye Ea's :D

just a matter of time..........................

I'd like to see someone like Tesco roll out online conveyancing. You should be able to log into your account anytime and see what has been done and the latest status of things without having to ring up solicitors/estate agents etc and get fobbed off. i.e. Land registry search completed 03/03/06 - click here for details etc.

Given that HPC seems quite popular according to web stats, does that mean that it would be feasible to start a free advertise-your-house service on www.housepricecrash.co.uk?

No, I'm not serious. But it would be one small "up yours" to rightmove.

Billy Shears

There's a lot of things that we can do to start developing the site into something useful aswell as being the leading place to chat about what's happening in the housing market it would be good if we could give you a whole load of free tools to make it truly indispensible.

Carry on adding your ideas to this thread no matter how silly or trivial they may seem and we'll see what we can do.

personally, I'd like to see the Supermarkets, Tesco et al enter the house selling business.

When you consider what people think of EAs in general, one would think that the UK public is CRYING OUT FOR AN ALTERNATIVE.

A bit of money, some clever marketing, and a bit of innovation would surely mean the end of the EA.

I would like to see that very much. It just has to be done ! Any new system should give the buyer and seller equal weight in the transaction and it should be a no-nonsense service without any market ramping or dodgy finance involved.

With any luck Tescos could start offering reductions on houses just as much as they offer reductions on other things. :D

When you consider what people think of EAs in general, one would think that the UK public is CRYING OUT FOR AN ALTERNATIVE.

A bit of money, some clever marketing, and a bit of innovation would surely mean the end of the EA.

I would like to see that very much. It just has to be done ! Any new system should give the buyer and seller equal weight in the transaction and it should be a no-nonsense service without any market ramping or dodgy finance involved.

With any luck Tescos could start offering reductions on houses just as much as they offer reductions on other things. :D

As people say, beware of what you wish for, you may receive it.

What would happen if Tescos went into the EA business, and then started applying the lessons learnt in their core business?

"There's someone else interested in that tin of beans sir, do you think you could up your offer a bit?"

Billy Shears

Carry on adding your ideas to this thread no matter how silly or trivial they may seem and we'll see what we can do.

What technical capabilities does the server hosting HPC have? Does it allow hosting of Perl, php, or other programs and use a fairly normal database?

Billy Shears

What technical capabilities does the server hosting HPC have? Does it allow hosting of Perl, php, or other programs and use a fairly normal database?

Billy Shears

PHP & MySQL and probably Perl aswell but I don't use that.