House Price Crash Forum

E C B At 3.25% In 8 Months-that Is A 45% Increase

HOLA441

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

LONDON (AFX) - European government bonds held steady after recent falls reflecting market positioning ahead of the expected quarter point rate hike by the European Central Bank this afternoon.
Analysts believe that after the expected quarter point hike to 2.50 pct tomorrow, the ECB will be forced to lift the benchmark rate further, with 3.00 or
even 3.25 pct seen as a possibility by year end.

IF this estimate is accurate we will see a EU interest rate hike of 45% over current rates. Will that affect Ireland's super-mortgages?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Things are looking a little shakier in Ireland already:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/03/02/story247280.html

There are fears for the future of 500 jobs at the Jacobs Biscuits plant in Dublin today following the rejection of a survival plan by the company's workforce.
Management at the Tallaght factory are meeting union officials this afternoon to discuss how to secure the future of the plant.
Local Fianna Fáil TD Charlie O'Connor is calling on both sides to make every effort to find a solution to the impasse.
He said the loss of the factory would be a huge b low to the Tallaght economy.

High labour costs brought on by hyper-inflation in property market? To pay high mortgages the people must have uncompetitive wages and the beat goes on........

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest horace

Either way, with the ECB rate increase, the sale of loo rolls my be next big bubble.

horace.

Edited by horace

HOLA4411

BBC Timestamp on the article "Last Updated: Thursday, 2 March 2006, 13:03 GMT "

Jasons Post timestamp "'Mar 2 2006, 01:04 PM' post"

I have to laugh :lol:

Cheers j

Yeah, it's 'cause I have itchy trigger fingers!

HOLA4412
Guest Riser

What about when they hibernate? Do they not poo over winter?

Or do they wake up in a pile of poo...

:(

In the States bears have an "An*l plug" here in the UK we have the BBC and Rightmove :D

The Bears "An*l plug"

Bears never leave scat in their dens. A few days before hibernating, the bear will stop eating. Then, it eats roughage in the form of leaves, pine needles or even bits of its own hair. This passes through the digestive system and leaves something called an "An*l plug", which can be up to 1 inch long. In the spring, when the bear leaves the den, it voids this an*l plug. Stand back!
Edited by Riser

HOLA4413

What about when they hibernate? Do they not poo over winter?

Or do they wake up in a pile of poo...

:(

I was watching a TV programme last week on the black bear. When they hibernate their pulse drops down to 8 bpm and they slowly digest the reserves of food they had been building in the weeks before going to kip for several months. Apparently, when they awake they have severe wind that can be heard for half a mile followed by poos that would make the average Elephant jealous. Amazing really.

On point (albeit in human form): http://www.devilducky.com/media/26599

:lol:

HOLA4414

Yeah, it's 'cause I have itchy trigger fingers!

Trichet ain't messin about and he aint takin orders from no one...

``It is our duty to try to maintain the credibility of what we do, not just now but in the future as well. That really takes its purest form in anticipating inflation,'' Trichet told the European Parliament's economic policy committee Feb. 20.

Confidence in the financial system, i.e. unbacked paper currency, is dependent on users of the paper believing in it's usefulness as a store of value and as a medium of exchange. Why did the Fed raise rates to 21% in 1979 and knowing precipitate a nasty recession? The central banks, with the Fed as the biggest offender, have created an inflation monster in recent years by printing excessive amounts of their paper, they MUST crush inflation.

When the EXPECTATION becomes entrenched that rates are going much higher than currently anticipated, appetite for more debt will collapse, and probably overnight. This I believe will be the event horizon for a true collapse in house prices, the MOST inflated of all assets.

HOLA4415

I was watching a TV programme last week on the black bear. When they hibernate their pulse drops down to 8 bpm and they slowly digest the reserves of food they had been building in the weeks before going to kip for several months. Apparently, when they awake they have severe wind that can be heard for half a mile followed by poos that would make the average Elephant jealous. Amazing really.

I'm suprised they don't blow the furr off their arses...

:ph34r:

HOLA4416

... on the black bear. When they hibernate their pulse drops down to 8 bpm and they slowly digest the reserves of food they had been building in the weeks before going to kip for several months. Apparently, when they awake they have severe wind that can be heard for half a mile followed by poos that would make the average Elephant jealous. Amazing really.

to paraphrase....

...on the housing bear. When they hibernate their pulse drops down to 8 bpm and they slowly digest the sell to rent fund they had been building in the years before going to kip for the housing crash period. Apparently, when they awake they have severe buying power that can be heard for half a mile followed by deposits that would make the average FTBer jealous. Amazing really.

HOLA4417

BBC Timestamp on the article "Last Updated: Thursday, 2 March 2006, 13:03 GMT "

Jasons Post timestamp "'Mar 2 2006, 01:04 PM' post"

I have to laugh :lol:

Cheers j

leChuz checking posters timestamps.

I have to laugh too :P

HOLA4418

Yes but the ECB can raise IR’s and it’s only places like Ireland that will get hit hard as most Europeans are not so stupid as to borrow to the hilt and gamble on house prices going up.

If Mr Brown follows ECB rates up then this bubble will deflate faster that you think and if he leaves rates alone then it’s as I keep telling you all £1.00=1.10 Euro

It’s good to give to charity when you don’t have any money yourself I thinks

HOLA4419

Yes but the ECB can raise IR’s and it’s only places like Ireland that will get hit hard as most Europeans are not so stupid as to borrow to the hilt and gamble on house prices going up.

If Mr Brown follows ECB rates up then this bubble will deflate faster that you think and if he leaves rates alone then it’s as I keep telling you all £1.00=1.10 Euro

It’s good to give to charity when you don’t have any money yourself I thinks

:D Do you have a time scale for the £1.00=1.10 Euro event? I earn in Euros

during the week but spend in £ during the weekend with family, would

be great news for me. :D

HOLA4420
HOLA4421