House Price Crash Forum

Just watching hte apprentice.

Based on watching 30 minutes of 10-20 people who are meant to the best of the best, no wonder UK has absolutely zero productivity!!!

Task - Make a calendar!

I reckon it would take me 30 minutes!!

These people spent 1 hour planning how to plan the start of the calendar!

3 of them crying already!

If i worked with someone who cried - i would recommend they got help!!

Guest Winners and Losers

Based on watching 30 minutes of 10-20 people who are meant to the best of the best, no wonder UK has absolutely zero productivity!!!

Task - Make a calendar!

They need to do a Myers Briggs.

Task - Make a calendar!

In defence of those who cried - there are half a dozen functioning psychopaths on that show. Absolute egomaniacs who need to be taken outside and beaten senseless with a crowbar.

Edited by Smell the Fear

Guest Winners and Losers

In defence of those who cried - there are half in dozen functioning psychopaths on that show. Absolute egomaniacs who need to be taken outside and beaten senseless with a crowbar.

Stop it! I am currently in homicidal mode, so that sounds very appealing.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

And would probably spend 3 hours discussing how to wire a 13 amp plug and fail.

Hrm, they used Comic Sans and colour gradients on a professional publication, in the other case the calendar wasn't actually a calendar and there was no branding. It's all bull$hit and no idea, it wasn't even a lack of artistic talent, they should of just whacked the Mac man around the head for taking the mickey! :lol:

I do hope these people are chosen for comic value, if they are representative of your average UK plc then we're screwed. They're just a bunch of grown up kids... I'm not even sure of the former.

I came home and saw the woman doing the pitch...

"Any question?...."

"Yes, err..."

"Not now, fool, at the end. Don't interupt me again! Or I'll set the physco woman with the frizzy hair on you! You've been warned - she's deadly with a knife"

Ha.

Edited by Jason

Hrm, they used Comic Sans and colour gradients on a professional publication, in the other case the calendar wasn't actually a calendar and there was no branding. It's all bull$hit and no idea, it wasn't even a lack of artistic talent, they should of just whacked the Mac man around the head for taking the mickey! :lol:

I do hope these people are chosen for comic value, if they are representative of your average UK plc then we're screwed. They're just a bunch of grown up kids... I'm not even sure of the former.

I noticed the comic sans and gradients as well. The artwork on that calendar wasn't good enough to be a good project at GCSE level. I thought that the design on the women's calender looked nice, but missed out the important details of properly mentioning Great Ormand street. Oh, and it forgot to be a calendar too.

Billy Shears

Has S(ir)amstrad actually told anyone what the final position held will be? Head Janitor anyone :D

I noticed the comic sans and gradients as well. The artwork on that calendar wasn't good enough to be a good project at GCSE level. I thought that the design on the women's calender looked nice, but missed out the important details of properly mentioning Great Ormand street. Oh, and it forgot to be a calendar too.

Billy Shears

Some of these people infuriate me...the kind of pschopathic, blindingly selfish, usually incompetent, self-obsessed, self-promoting bullies that we really would all be better off without.

Whilst I was studying for my Doctorate, I did a year of management training at one of the (purportedly) best MBA schools in the country - it was part of the doctoral program. I was only 24-25 at the time, and I was mixing with full-time MBA students, some of which could be summed up by the above description. These people have to be experienced to be believed - so arrogant, so overbearing, so pushy, so DUMB - they mistakenly confuse their freakish, raging ambition for talent, which often as not they lack completely.

A lot of them were awful, awful pr1cks.

In contrast, I know someone at work who is a mission analyst (he computes trajectories for spacecraft using optimisation software) - a nicer, more mild-mannered, courteous, polite man you will never meet: and he is also SUPREMELY competent in his work, being a recognised authority on trajectory design in the European space industry.

There it is: braying, bullying, pushy simpletons on the one hand who cannot design a f**king calender, and on the other hand, supreme competence and expertise combined with good grace and mildness. And it is the loudmouth thicko pr1cks that often as not end up being put in charge. Terrible.

To those of you who are considering doing an MBA, I would say be careful what you wish for, lest you turn into an Alan Sugar wannabe knob-jockey. I woud also say the academic content of an MBA is by and large laughable...if these business 'professors' cannot reduce a subject to a 2-by-2 matrix, they are lost. Pathetic.

What do you expect if you have ten self-styled "born leaders" implementing a project? A more realistic test would be to give each person a project to complete with skilled staff.

Instead, they let the ants crawl over each other at the expense of the project in a completely unrealistic situation.

Some of them were indeed utterly useless, but if you're only getting people together who have given up their jobs what do you expect?

What amazed me most was the complete misjudgement of the sales situation. You're selling a calendar - get in there, tell them what it is, tell them the price; they'll figure out the rest. They had no price ready and no idea how much these things generally sell to shop for, just an "I have a dream" speech. Hilarious.

Guest Winners and Losers

I've always trusted the beautiful feeling I have about the historical figure Jesus (not religion, not the church, not the weird "pro-church" additions I can spot in the bible) like I love Gandhi but don't worship him as a mystical figure.

I think the meek shall inherit the earth is very real and very taoist.

Beautiful Durch. Have you read the Tao of Pooh? I have been wondering lately why it is that hard graft in life seems to be meaningless now. When did it change that those who work hard will be rewarded?

I woud also say the academic content of an MBA is by and large laughable...if these business 'professors' cannot reduce a subject to a 2-by-2 matrix, they are lost. Pathetic.

The trick is to have thousands of 2x2 matrices. That way you look clever.

I have heard that MBAs (from top places) are extremely labour intensive. 70 hr weeks etc. It just goes to prove that mindlessness and an inability to be bored are essential to climb the greasy corporate pole. The winners in corporate life are often those who can bear the excruciating boredom the longest.

Edited by Smell the Fear

What do you expect if you have ten self-styled "born leaders" implementing a project? A more realistic test would be to give each person a project to complete with skilled staff.

Instead, they let the ants crawl over each other at the expense of the project in a completely unrealistic situation.

Some of them were indeed utterly useless, but if you're only getting people together who have given up their jobs what do you expect?

What amazed me most was the complete misjudgement of the sales situation. You're selling a calendar - get in there, tell them what it is, tell them the price; they'll figure out the rest. They had no price ready and no idea how much these things generally sell to shop for, just an "I have a dream" speech. Hilarious.

My first thought when I saw the males presenting to the Harrods guy was "does it really require six self-important winkers in suits to sell a half-assed calendar." If I had been him I would have told them to get the feck out of there and come back when they had half an idea of how to do things properly.

Then I saw the other presentation. How to win friends and influence people!

Billy Shears

I'm suprised team invicta never produced an A-Team calendar

25 reason's why the A-Team would make a great name, a great calendar and they're just.................well................GREAT aren't they lmao

duh duh duhhhhh, dududuhhhhhhhh, duh duh duh dadada duh,duh,duh

Yeah, my house is just stuffed with AMStrad products.

Given the recent trend in terms of the size of starter homes, there may come a time when it's possible for your Amstrad products to be just stuffed with houses.

Billy Shears

Guest Winners and Losers

I have read the Tao of Pooh. I agree, it's great.

I think Jesus wasn't into hard graft. Nature's about ease.

At least the anti-spin message is clear.

:);)

Given the recent trend in terms of the size of starter homes, there may come a time when it's possible for your Amstrad products to be just stuffed with houses.

Billy Shears

Or, you could live in your Amstrad products.

While we are on this point, does anyone know how Sir Alan made his millions (how much is he worth?) Every Amstrad product I've ever seen has been junk. I can't remember anyone owning any of it since my best friend had an Amstrad computer in the early 80s.

His business practices strike me as being somewhat akin to Delboy.

Amstrad homepage: Amstrad.co.uk

Look at those products.....unbelievable. Who would buy any of it? Who DOES buy any of it?

To finish my rant, my final pet hate: on te apprentice we are plied with sexy images of City and Canary Wharf locations, steel and glass corporate phalluses.

Where are Amstrad based? Brentwood, Essex. :lol:

Edited by Smell the Fear

Amstrad phones for 6GBP in my local Tescos last month, even at that price looked away, awful. And he needs a apprentice, my a55

Guest Charlie The Tramp

His business practices strike me as being somewhat akin to Delboy.

His neighbours are all wheeler dealers, one of my ex customers lived next door to him.