House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winners and Losers

Hats Off

Guest Winners and Losers

Just quickly wanted to mention the relatively new to HPC. Some excellent posts. Some VERY clever people really committing themselves to the cause and prepared to go the extra mile. Passionate and intelligent. I think you all deserve a round of applause. Its great to see some new blood full of enthusiasm and making a real contribution. I applaud you newbies! :)

Just quickly wanted to mention the relatively new to HPC. Some excellent posts. Some VERY clever people really committing themselves to the cause and prepared to go the extra mile. Passionate and intelligent. I think you all deserve a round of applause. Its great to see some new blood full of enthusiasm and making a real contribution. I applaud you newbies! :)

I think that the people who have found this site, or had the foresight to look for the site, have already shown a sign of some intelligence. The reason why people can respond so confidently, so early in their posts, is because a lot of them read the site. It's at that point when they decide 'I am going to register because I want my voice heard!' that their confidence is released.

I remember when I first joined. I think I replied to every post (twice!!) because it was an outlet for the frustration I had been feeling for a couple of years. Withour blowing ones trumpet (no sexual references please :)), I have always been a confident person but I believe that this site is constructive and argues a good case. Newbies are probably more confident of the views we have and therefore they get confidence that their thoughts would be taken seriously.

We are all here to try and make a difference and this is probably 70% for yourself but there is at least 30% of me that wants correction for everyone! THIS generation AND Next!!!

Censorship is quite lapse on this site. You are allowed to air your views in a manner that reflects your mood. Even If you use this site to let off steam the main message that all the members are saying is.....

DONT GIVE UP. COMMON SENSE SAYS CORRECTION IS DUE!!!

Welcome to all newbies - especially the one that's starting giving Right Freds Dead some stick on his 3rd post!!! Now there's confidence! :)

TB

Many of us "old timers" have been plugging away for what seems like a century. Ever so slowly the media (at least the more intelligent media) and especially FTB's who are completely fed up with their frustration at finding affordable housing are beginning to hack away at the myth that property must always go up, or indeed that it is a "good thing" that it should.

It is remarkable and way beyond my own previous estimations how powerful the vested interest lobby is. It seems that the property industry is festooned with those who at any cost are prepared to hype, lie and promote the so called desirability of property spiralling ever upwards.

The general economic malaise cannot possibly support the currently misplaced optimism. It only requires the assertion of previously un-convinced bears to collapse the market to sensible levels.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession