House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Annie

Is Council Tax Included In The Rent?

It's been a while since my husband and I rented a house in UK and we're not sure whether council tax bills are usually included in the rental price. I seem to remember paying it but my husband thinks it was inclusive. We're expats returning to UK this summer or late autumn. Rents seem to have gone up massively in the 6 years we've been away (Cheshire).

It's been a while since my husband and I rented a house in UK and we're not sure whether council tax bills are usually included in the rental price. I seem to remember paying it but my husband thinks it was inclusive. We're expats returning to UK this summer or late autumn. Rents seem to have gone up massively in the 6 years we've been away (Cheshire).

Not usually, although some members on this board have CT inclusive. If it was included it will only be added on top of rent.

Reminds me...my mums last next door neighbours didn't pay any CT for over a year. They did a bunk and the landlord is now held liable to pay it.

Not usually, although some members on this board have CT inclusive. If it was included it will only be added on top of rent.

Reminds me...my mums last next door neighbours didn't pay any CT for over a year. They did a bunk and the landlord is now held liable to pay it.

Thanks Matey. I suppose it's obviously going to be included in the rent or an additional cost when I think about it - don't think we'll be doing a bunk though.

Guest Winners and Losers

Thanks Matey. I suppose it's obviously going to be included in the rent or an additional cost when I think about it - don't think we'll be doing a bunk though.

Not included usually.

Very unlikely to be included. Water rates sometimes are.

Any idea how much CT is? Any idea what band property you are renting?

btp