House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lewissheridan

What Are Others Saying About House Prices ?

I am a member of this forum and someone posted a thread: House prices in 2006 - you can see the full thread here: (very interesting reading)

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=90248

Here are some quotes:

"I dont know what will happen and I wouldnt like to guess either, but I hope they keep going up as ive just brought my first house "

"Ditto, I would be gutted if they start to fall. I personally think prices will keep on going up"

"They will continue to up up up and away."

"house prices rarely fall. it is a necessity. everyone will live in one."
"Here's to hoping too, as I've just bought a house which I'll hopefully be in within the next week.

I don't know why, but I'm seriously suspecting at least a small drop. I'm also suspecting a recession on the way soon "

"Probably rise but nothing like the last few years. Something about 7% over the year."
"I've just bought my first and since doing so in October '05 the first time buyer incentives they offered me then, which were 5% deposit, stamp duty and solicitors fees all paid as well as carpets and £250 Linda Barker vouchers, have now been dropped to just stamp duty being paid, when I asked about this change they just said that demand was outstripping supply and they no longer needed to offer the incentives. So I guess the prices can only increase as a result. the same houses as my own are now being sold at a 5% increase in just 3 months "

Yep in my little village, the cottage we bought in June last year we feel has increased by @ £10-15k so I would say house prices are steadily climbing despite experts 'stating' that a crash was around the corner !

I would say that people are not rushing to buy but are looking for deals as you would expect but the market is consistent at the mo

And as for all these people looking for profit making through property, what happened to buying a house to live in?

It goes on , there are several pages, very interesting reading.

mu7j85.gif

Are they are all weatlhy Honda owners!!

Probably need the new equity in their house purchases to MEW and buy their pride and joy!!

:)

"With new buy to letters out the way, this makes it easier for the real first time buyers to get into the market. If you can russle up the cash I would do it now as its only ever going to get harder the longer you leave it. I made every excuse not to buy up until three years ago thinking the crash would happen again but the fact is, house prices were dirt cheap even three years ago, let alone five or more. They have now in my opinion levelled at their true value and will now just rise nicely along with inflation. "

erghhhh my brain has seized :huh: you couldn't make 'em up

Edited by lewissheridan

"I dont know what will happen and I wouldnt like to guess either, but I hope they keep going up as ive just brought my first house "

So your next rung up the ladder is even further away? People just don't get it do they! No wonder things have got out of hand when the market is propelled by such unthinking logic :rolleyes:

So your next rung up the ladder is even further away? People just don't get it do they! No wonder things have got out of hand when the market is propelled by such unthinking logic :rolleyes:

People have this general pop-knowledge of house prices with no knowledge of the economic underpinnings of the cycle they're in. It'll soon be a spin cycle and they'll all be washed up licking their wounds, the people that are paying the price now will be the victors.

qUALITY..

i SHOULD POST..

"To be the first generation to realise that houses are worth so much makes me feel that we are so much more cleverer then those that came before us. I think we shouldn't expect more then 15% inflation from now on though, more would be unrealistic"

It would be cool to see if they thought I were serious..