House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mosstrooper

Interent Censorship ?

GO TO GOOGLE AND DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON THE FOLLOWING WORD

"BIRDFLUPANIC"

AND THE REASON :-

From Yesterdays Telegraph :-

An advert which repeated claims that a bird flu epidemic was "a certainty" for Britain was alarmist and distressing, the Advertising Standards Authority ruled today.

The advert, condemned as alarmist

Under the headline "Bird Flu Panic!" the advert in national newspapers said scientists had also claimed that an epidemic could lead to 25 per cent of the country's population dying within 18 months.

It said a downloadable report would reveal how readers could protect their health and wealth, adding that it included "easily available natural remedies that out-perform anti-viral drugs in medical trials plus how you could make serious short-term money from the bird flu hype in the media."

"BIRDFLUPANIC"

do the same search with BIRD FLU PANIC and there will be loads of results

do the same search with BIRD FLU PANIC and there will be loads of results

Almost two million results

"BIRDFLUPANIC"

AND THE REASON :-

From Yesterdays Telegraph :-

An advert which repeated claims that a bird flu epidemic was "a certainty" for Britain was alarmist and distressing, the Advertising Standards Authority ruled today.

The advert, condemned as alarmist

Under the headline "Bird Flu Panic!" the advert in national newspapers said scientists had also claimed that an epidemic could lead to 25 per cent of the country's population dying within 18 months.

It said a downloadable report would reveal how readers could protect their health and wealth, adding that it included "easily available natural remedies that out-perform anti-viral drugs in medical trials plus how you could make serious short-term money from the bird flu hype in the media."

No such word as Birdflupanic, nor is there an "interent". The Telegraph story also appeared on Radio 4 this morning. The advert appears to be the product of some scam artists. I don't see that there's any censorship going on here.

If we get the virus a bit later or you don't get hit in the initial phase of the virus then scientists should be able to identify the mutated virus and create a vaccine.

From what I’ve heard virus get weaker anyway the more people they infect (I mean what is the point in killing your host.) Also creating a vaccine, mass-producing it and distributing it would be done in less than 18 months. After all where there is money involved everyone can pull the finger out. People would be prepared to pay thousands for the vaccine if they had to.

It's just Fleet Street Publications getting up to their usual antics, we discussed this a few weeks back. Money Week is published by the same people, which is somewhat well received on this forum, but I'm sceptical to say the least.

Lord William Rees Mogg is an interesting chap, but I don't think you need to be part of the top 5% to see through FSP's bizarre snake oil operations.

Guest Bart of Darkness
They should take a look at an article by British Lord William Rees-Mogg in the Times of London from Jan. 5. Under the title ``It's the elite who matter,'' Rees-Mogg argues that ``in future Britain must concentrate on educating the top 5%, on whose success we shall all depend.''

Let's hope they don't then emigrate in large numbers then. ;)

i think some kind of deadly virus will hit us soon.

though you have to take a second look at the body counts.

any estimation like this is always over subscribed. 25% of dead population would explain the housing/lending like no tomorrow madness, but in reality i bet its a sizable 3% or something.

enough to change things. and theres 3 waves.

its a hell of a disaster. that will knock the topping of the rental market..!!

i hope i survive to pick through the bargains.....

I reckon body bag manufacturers will coin it in this time.

I'm serching e-bay for some suppliers.

i think some kind of deadly virus will hit us soon.

though you have to take a second look at the body counts.

any estimation like this is always over subscribed. 25% of dead population would explain the housing/lending like no tomorrow madness, but in reality i bet its a sizable 3% or something.

enough to change things. and theres 3 waves.

its a hell of a disaster. that will knock the topping of the rental market..!!

i hope i survive to pick through the bargains.....

apparently the virus only affects tw@ts, so 25% is a bit on the optimistic side.