House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bear Goggles

Fix Your Energy Bills?

I have just received a letter from my gas and electric supplier offering to fix the price of my energy until Oct 2007. Most of the suppliers are doing the same. So I'm sure many of you have also received something similar.

This is essentially a hedge against rising energy prices rising up in the mean time. But as far as I'm aware, there is no reason you can't switch to another supplier if prices start to fall again.

No Brainer? Or am I missing something?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Just received a letter from Powergen this morning offering to fix current rate until 2010 if I take both gas and electricity supplies from them.

No Brainer? Or am I missing something?

sounds like there would be some sort of clause to lock you in- either that or they have enough margin built into their own hedge to give them the time to unwind should people start switching in droves.

still waiting for a letter from British Gas

Edited by Sisyphus