House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AteMoose

Annual Pay Rise?

I handed in my notice but was persuaded to stay for three months with a 40% pay rise and £2500 bonus if I stay for those three months. :D

My job - Web developer; Oxfordshire

My salary increase (inflation adjusted decrease) has average 1.2% over the last 5 years.

Last payrise was June '04.

Not even going to bother asking this year - leaving sept anyway.

We've been told that there will be 2% available, but not everyone gets the same. That is right on the current inflation rate, but we don't get it until July. Given that the inflation rate is likely to be going up between now and then it looks like a below inflation rate pay rise for us.

Mind you we are a lot better off than those who have lost the jobs. Hope things look up guys.

I handed in my notice but was persuaded to stay for three months with a 40% pay rise and £2500 bonus if I stay for those three months. :D

My job - Web developer; Oxfordshire

Just got 17 per cent increase and 2k "incentive" :D

My job - magazine editor, London

I've never had an annual pay rise.

My highest pay ever was when I was 23, working in California pre-dotcom bust.

Since then it kind of floated around a similar area, but never went higher.

We're currently waiting to hear about our rise.

It's been a fab year in the oil biz, and staff are leaving all the time for better paid jobs.

Rumours are 5 - 12%.

Normally it's 3%

Been offered 3%, which seems the norm by my observation and on this poll so far.

I'm not impressed by this offer - I work for an oil major and expected more. They have offered an increased bonus (not by much) subject to the acceptance of the 3%.

Updating my CV at the moment ;) .

Im amazed how many people havent recieved any rise, and are earning less against RPI/CPI this year. Im also amazed at the small proportion that seem to have recieved bigger rises, changing jobs? promotion? public sector? oil?

Ive updated my CV and had a look around, but since the dotcom boom salaries dont seem to have gone up, i will continue to look and see, at least i get my bonus....

Edited by moosetea