House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Kind New Home Builder To Offer F T Bs A Home For 65k

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4761422.stm

UK builder Wilson Bowden has launched its range of more affordable housing, with prices starting at £65,000.
Wilson Bowden said on Wednesday that its i-Life range of homes would offer "
an innovative approach
to one- and two-bedroomed living".
The houses will range in size from 300 to 677 sq ft.

300 sq ft.? Innovative approach? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Realistbear

everyone i know that bought pre-2002 on the same 2006 wages received 3 bed semis as normal.

what do we get for that now ? some inner city tin box with maintenence charges up the ass.?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4761422.stm

UK builder Wilson Bowden has launched its range of more affordable housing, with prices starting at £65,000.
Wilson Bowden said on Wednesday that its i-Life range of homes would offer "
an innovative approach
to one- and two-bedroomed living".
The houses will range in size from 300 to 677 sq ft.

300 sq ft.? Innovative approach? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What excellent timing, their pr department is up to speed then :Phttp://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...articlekey=1361

These untis have already been exposed as providing less value than standard converted units

Edited by Converted Lurker

Our living/dining room in the house we are renting is about 30' X 14' = 420 sq. ft. I can't imagine living in a 300 sq. ft. "home."

We already have the pokiest homes in Europe on top of being the most expensive:

http://www.learnenglish.de/culture/britishhouses.htm

An English man's home is his castle? Well not quite, it's official that British homes are the smallest in Europe, in fact they are downright pokey, with only an average usable floor space of 76m sq according to a new report by Bradford & Bingley. The Italians lead the rest of Europe with the most space - an average of 92m sq per dwelling, over a fifth larger than us Brits enjoy.

THE SOONER we all start examining prices in Pounds-per-Square foot, the better.

Too much unliveable living space is being built and flogged to the ignorant

There is a development called West3 not too far from where I live that shouldnt be sold,

the flats are so small. It is almost certainly the most expensive property per square foot in its area

Remember the thread on how builders are utilising 3/4 size furniture in the models to fool buyers? These properties should be declared unfit for human habitation as they are too small for furniture and normal size beds.

Question: Will the Home Information Packs include this data?

It'll make working out the Pounds-per-Square foot much easier for buyers if so. I've always thought that EAs in this country avoiding doing so precisely so that buyers couldn't use it as a house comparison metric.

Question: Will the Home Information Packs include this data?

It'll make working out the Pounds-per-Square foot much easier for buyers if so. I've always thought that EAs in this country avoiding doing so precisely so that buyers couldn't use it as a house comparison metric.

Excellent question.

Watching the Location or Relocation show last week, it struck me that this exactly what they should be saying about the properties they show. Eg. Property A is X location and on for Y "and has Z square meters of living space". This is a vital piece of info that they never mention. But then again, they are clearly in bed with the VIs.

Pity as this would educate the Great British public very quickly.

Too much unliveable living space is being built and flogged to the ignorant

There is a development called West3 not too far from where I live that shouldnt be sold,

the flats are so small. It is almost certainly the most expensive property per square foot in its area

- -

Photos? Floor-plans?

Billy Shears

Photos? Floor-plans?

Billy Shears

dunno but if you have a look at the link below which is the Redrow Homes version of the same sort of thing you might get an idea

http://www.debutbyredrow.co.uk/Walkthrough.aspx

basically you can't swing a bird-flu ridden cat in it as it would collide with the washing machine which is in the bathroom :blink::P

Edited by gasket37

dunno but if you have a look at the link below which is the Redrow Homes version of the same sort of thing you might get an idea

basically you can't swing a bird-flu ridden cat in it as it would collide with the washing machine which is in the bathroom :blink::P

I like the walkthrough video trying to provide a 'lifestyle suggestion' for any prospective buyer - Closer magazine, cheap red wine, etc

:lol:

I like the walkthrough video trying to provide a 'lifestyle suggestion' for any prospective buyer - Closer magazine, cheap red wine, etc

:lol:

Ah, this one. Still amazing to see the degree of fish-eye-lens they needed to apply to try and make it look bigger. See the curves on those fridges and the door. And it still looks tiny.

Billy Shears

Yes and No!

Yes to valuation by area.

No to measurements by square foot. Square meters would allow us to compare prices with people in Europe far more simply (if we had the Euro it'd be even simpler :D ). I bet if petrol was still sold in gallons here the tax would be even more as not only would people have to convert from € to £, they also have to convert Litres into Gallons to see how much they were being ripped off.

Still seems very expensive, that works out over £2k per m2, local developer I know is doing flats at £650m2 construction cost. Does anyone know the land costs?

hi,

And rival building firm Theodore Kaczynski partners ltd., has also partnered up with the government's affordable housing initiatives to bring a stunning slelection of 1 and 2 room 'unabomber chalets' within sustainable community environments (prices start at a mere 65K, pictured is the flagship, executive chalet showhome).

kaczynski_shack.jpg

post-2548-1141226604.jpg

Edited by boom_and_bust

Guest Bart of Darkness

I'm feeling uncomfortable and hemmed in just looking at those pictures. :(

Edited by Bart of Darkness

worth a complaint ??

I just received an email from the BBC. They say that they do not believe that the photograph of a different house is misleading, but say that they have now changed it. Except that they still have the photo of the 3 story townhouse. Is this really a £65000 town house?

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears