House Price Crash Forum
Kam

139 Guests @ 10am

Did you find yourself here because of the recent articles in the news ?

What’s your situation? FTB, Owner Occupier, Renter ,

What’s YOUR opinion on the market and where is it going?

Got the sack from a firm of estate agents this morning by text message.

All I did was contact the media to point out the number of boards put up with"sold subject to contract" which were blatant lies.

The shysters won't stop me but there is pending litigation so I have to be careful.

There is too much spin from the government down regarding property prices,don't believe a word of it.

you got the sack via Text message

If thats the type of people that you worked with, I'm not suprised your whistleblowing

interesting to hear tho,

maybe you can fill us in with more info when your able too

Edited by Kam

Hi All

Been around the site for a number of months now and thought I would introduce myself.

I am a 26 yr old FTB and took mortgage advice last June to borrow £110k on 100%, the very limit of what I could borrow. I earn £20k.

Didn't feel right and searched house prices and the rest is history! I have educated myself about the various issues and now feel far better prepared to make a choice - when the time is right! For me, common sense indicates that the current situation is unsustainable. I am in a profession (pyschology) where the pay prospects are good (above average) and there is no way I could afford an average house. It is forced me to actively consider either relocating to Canada or moving to a part of the UK that is cheaper, although that is getting more and more difficult!

Anecdotally, 6 people (FTB's) have purchased in the last year, four of those within the last three months, so there is still some bottom up feeding of the market. This is in Birmingham. Of these at least two have relied on deposits from parents to secure their homes. I have learnt to keep quiet about my views - but why is it so 'bad' to consider house prices to be overvalued. I truly believe that people spend proportionally less time researching the housing market than they do buying new clothes.

Despite a couple of panics I have realised that there is no point in being worried - if you can't afford it you can't afford it, its that simple. And if I can't afford it on a better than average wage then plenty of other people must be in the same boat.

Looking forward to reading the site over the coming year - ir's at 5% by years end???

Chris

Guest Winners and Losers

hi,

im fred. im looking for a HPC as well as a new girlfreind. or girl-fiend. which ever comes sooner.

HPC me thinks fred. You just have too much competition on hear re girlfriend!

All I did was contact the media to point out the number of boards put up with"sold subject to contract" which were blatant lies.

The shysters won't stop me but there is pending litigation so I have to be careful.

There is too much spin from the government down regarding property prices,don't believe a word of it.

Are you serious??? Anyone remember my feeble little comment about EA's losing jobs in the near future...

Little did we know that they were starting to turn on the hand that feeds them! Let the revolution begin. I always have been anti-establishment!

Edited by Winners and Losers

Hi All

Been around the site for a number of months now and thought I would introduce myself.

I am a 26 yr old FTB and took mortgage advice last June to borrow £110k on 100%, the very limit of what I could borrow. I earn £20k.

Didn't feel right and searched house prices and the rest is history! I have educated myself about the various issues and now feel far better prepared to make a choice - when the time is right! For me, common sense indicates that the current situation is unsustainable. I am in a profession (pyschology) where the pay prospects are good (above average) and there is no way I could afford an average house. It is forced me to actively consider either relocating to Canada or moving to a part of the UK that is cheaper, although that is getting more and more difficult!

Anecdotally, 6 people (FTB's) have purchased in the last year, four of those within the last three months, so there is still some bottom up feeding of the market. This is in Birmingham. Of these at least two have relied on deposits from parents to secure their homes. I have learnt to keep quiet about my views - but why is it so 'bad' to consider house prices to be overvalued. I truly believe that people spend proportionally less time researching the housing market than they do buying new clothes.

Despite a couple of panics I have realised that there is no point in being worried - if you can't afford it you can't afford it, its that simple. And if I can't afford it on a better than average wage then plenty of other people must be in the same boat.

Looking forward to reading the site over the coming year - ir's at 5% by years end???

Chris

Clinical? Occ? Research? Ed? Thought I was the only 26 year-old psycho on the site, feel depressed now, not so special... :(

It's an Elliot wave! (only joking) Though I wonder if there is a correlation between the number of people looking here and the rising concern over the housing market? Is it further evidence we are in the fear stage of Dr.Bubb's psychological phase diagram?

More likely due to being mentioned in the FT

*smiles sweetly at RichM and MrChris*

Any thoughts on my college assignment with the title of

'Discuss and evaluate the medical model of schizophrenia'>

Any good /articleswebsites? :)

good work!! need more people like that around!

*smiles sweetly at RichM and MrChris*

Any thoughts on my college assignment with the title of

'Discuss and evaluate the medical model of schizophrenia'>

Any good /articleswebsites? :)

PM me your e-mail and I'll buzz you a few articles.

Mary Boyle is the key protangonist of the anti-psychiatry movement, while Richard Bentall has done a brilliant critique of the "schizophrenia as a single, unified disease" approach. Get his book if you can. I might be able to forward you one of his chapters.

In short, i) schizophrenia is not one single disorder, ii) plenty of people have delusions (see the cognitive model of Daniel Freeman/Philippa Garety/Emmanuelle Peters/David Hemsley) and even auditory hallucinations, iii) that said, the success of dopamine antagonists (e.g. clozapine, olanzapine) as a treatment for schizophrenia support a neurotransmitter (i.e. medical) approach, iv) people with schizophrenia do have some quite specific neural deficits, suggestive of an underlying pathology, and v) there is evidence that schizophrenia is associated with perinatal factors, e.g. the mother having a virus during the second trimester of pregnancy.

Could also discuss cultural aspects (e.g. the v. high rate of schizophrenia in immigrants from the Caribbean living in S. London) and the recent evidence that heavy cannabis use during adolescence is a risk factor for later schizophrenia.

Hi

Been looking in Ipswich since last March and currently in rented

During that time have tracked the market very closely, some property has sold well e.g. a house we wanted and would have got for £380K (but could not proceed on at the time) went for £387K

Last October one up for £395K went for £420K

However some of the more dubious buys:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-602...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

Originally up for 625K reduced to 535K. change agent 600k then 500k, change agent 500k again !!

(it's a horrible bungalow conversion, tiny garden and reeks of damp)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-446...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

On for £650k now £595K in 2 months

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-619...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

On since last March 449K then 425K now. Tiny garden and opposite drug raid flats

My conclusion ATM quality is still selling

Edited by David Sims

Clinical? Occ? Research? Ed? Thought I was the only 26 year-old psycho on the site, feel depressed now, not so special... :(

Nah, we're common as muck!

Done PhD on challenging behaviour in LD and just started clinical training. What about you?

Libitina: No nothing about schziophrenia and medical model I'm afraid!

Chris

Nah, we're common as muck!

Done PhD on challenging behaviour in LD and just started clinical training. What about you?

Libitina: No nothing about schziophrenia and medical model I'm afraid!

Chris

Done PhD on child anxiety, finishing post-doc, applying for DClin at the moment, 2 interviews lined up so far...

BABCP this year?