House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topher Bear

In Case You Were Worried About Me

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry that I just kind of dropped away with little or no word.

After I got my job in Bristol (which is going really well BTW) and spent 3 months away from home before moving to another cheap rental in west wiltshire, my life took a seriously bad turn. As a result I really didn't care about house prices anymore...in fact I cared for very little at all at that point. It was pretty much the worst time in my life. This is the reason I dropped away completely. I don't really want to go into too much detail.

Now life is looking MUCH brighter, but I still have a lot of personal Healing to go through. One of the things that has changed in my life is a breaking of addiction to web forums, and HPC in particular. I did think that I would pop in every now and then to see how things were going....but I'm really not even doing that!

I've kind of popped back on as I was searching out the latest HBOS historical data to update my charts (Haven't done it in about 4 or 5 months!!), and HPC is still my homepage in Opera (which I don't use anymore!). I thought that I has better say hi to my old friends on HPC and let them know that I am still alive, and apologise for my absence.

I am not gong to say that I will pop back every now and then, as its a promise I might not be able (or wise) to keep, but I'm also not going to say that I will never return. Maybe if prices start to crash I may return more often...I really need them to start in the next 6 months...although we could hold out for 2 years (daughter has got into a local primary school so we don't need to move, and we are saving loads of money on a £575 month rent, for a £150,000 house....mortgage would be more!!). Its all up in the air.

The Nationwide data, makes the recent upturn look like a dead cat bounce so I am a little more encouraged, having been feeling totally bemused in recent months with regards to the direction of house prices!)

I wish you all the best,

I really enjoyed getting to know most of the oldies who know me..shame I didn't quite get to my 1000 posts!!

take care all,

Topher Bear

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry that I just kind of dropped away with little or no word.

After I got my job in Bristol (which is going really well BTW) and spent 3 months away from home before moving to another cheap rental in west wiltshire, my life took a seriously bad turn. As a result I really didn't care about house prices anymore...in fact I cared for very little at all at that point. It was pretty much the worst time in my life. This is the reason I dropped away completely. I don't really want to go into too much detail.

Now life is looking MUCH brighter, but I still have a lot of personal Healing to go through. One of the things that has changed in my life is a breaking of addiction to web forums, and HPC in particular. I did think that I would pop in every now and then to see how things were going....but I'm really not even doing that!

I've kind of popped back on as I was searching out the latest HBOS historical data to update my charts (Haven't done it in about 4 or 5 months!!), and HPC is still my homepage in Opera (which I don't use anymore!). I thought that I has better say hi to my old friends on HPC and let them know that I am still alive, and apologise for my absence.

I am not gong to say that I will pop back every now and then, as its a promise I might not be able (or wise) to keep, but I'm also not going to say that I will never return. Maybe if prices start to crash I may return more often...I really need them to start in the next 6 months...although we could hold out for 2 years (daughter has got into a local primary school so we don't need to move, and we are saving loads of money on a £575 month rent, for a £150,000 house....mortgage would be more!!). Its all up in the air.

The Nationwide data, makes the recent upturn look like a dead cat bounce so I am a little more encouraged, having been feeling totally bemused in recent months with regards to the direction of house prices!)

I wish you all the best,

I really enjoyed getting to know most of the oldies who know me..shame I didn't quite get to my 1000 posts!!

take care all,

Topher Bear

Well I think I speak for everyone here in saying that for whatever you are going through we hope you return stronger and wiser for it.

Good luck. B)

Hi Topher

Good to hear from you and glad you are feeling up. Like everything else life circumstances are also cyclical.

Maybe its a esson we could all take.

Look forward to tomorrows post seeing as you have 'broken' your addiction. :rolleyes::lol:

Best wishes to you and family

C.P.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

You never could count could you? I hope you get the aerodynamics right. :P;)

Well I think I speak for everyone here in saying that for whatever you are going through we hope you return stronger and wiser for it.

Good luck. B)

Seconded. :)

Good luck, hope things continue to improve.

Crewkerne is still the same (well except they want to build a Waitrose lol).