House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sich

Estate Agent Cold Calling

Just heared a guy in the office say he had an Estate Agent cold call him to see if he was looking at the moment.

Never heared of this before - has any one else?

I would put them on hold for 20 minutes, then cut 'em off. :lol:

:lol:

one letting agent actually told me I should call him once a week to see if he had anything new for me.

I'm getting sick of banks and building societies ringing my home at 6,7,8 and 9pm at night to ask if want a mortgage

Desperate times - I imagine a lot of these sales peoples jobs are on the line pretty soon...

I'm getting sick of banks and building societies ringing my home at 6,7,8 and 9pm at night to ask if want a mortgage

Desperate times - I imagine a lot of these sales peoples jobs are on the line pretty soon...

My record on stringing these guys along (going to answer door, mobile etc) currently stands at 48 minutes. They don't like it when they realise. I usually just tell them to f@ck off though. One actually had the audacity to complain about my manner! Don't invade the sanctity of my home then.

More on topic, I think I saw EA's on the street handing out leaflets today, though I was in the car and in a hurry so I couldn't confirm. If it was though.......

My record on stringing these guys along (going to answer door, mobile etc) currently stands at 48 minutes. They don't like it when they realise. I usually just tell them to f@ck off though. One actually had the audacity to complain about my manner! Don't invade the sanctity of my home then.

More on topic, I think I saw EA's on the street handing out leaflets today, though I was in the car and in a hurry so I couldn't confirm. If it was though.......

A fun game.

My brother in law and a group of mates kept some poor soul who had knocked on their door captive in the house for almost a full day.

The power of intimidation...

A fun game.

My brother in law and a group of mates kept some poor soul who had knocked on their door captive in the house for almost a full day.

I managed 4 hours for a Jehovah's witness and his kid once - I don't know how their bladders managed it. They never called again.

Local area has gone up from an average of between 3 to 5 properties for sale, to 42. Still to expensive, but they're beginning to crack.

*cackles evilly*

A fun game.

I kept a double glazing salesman prisoner in my coal shed for three years. Every couple of days I'd go and give him a bit of a kicking, for a laugh.

not really.

I imagine a lot of these sales peoples jobs are on the line pretty soon... [dnd]

I expect many would like to see them hung out to dry.

Local area has gone up from an average of between 3 to 5 properties for sale, to 42. [libitina]

Flying off the shelves. Flying off the shelves.

I was "seeing" a lady back in 99. Her father (almost my father in law) lost his fortune to a business partner cleaning out their accounts. Anyhow he became a real estate agent. He told me that "at least it is not the bottom of the pile. Used car salesmen are the worst followed quickly by us" :lol: Anyhow part 2 - He was required to cold call. This must have been a few months before the boom. What I'm saying is that cold calling 'aint new for RE agents. I guess durin the bubble they didn't need to as "investors" grabbed anything that was for sale.