House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Comapnies And Government Losing There Greatest Manipulation Tool

just dragged this snippet off the bbc website, tv has been used since it was invented to manipulate the masses, by both corporations and government.but it looks like the party is starting to wain.

Between December 2003 and December 2005, total TV reach declined but the biggest fall was among young people - it fell by 2.9% for 16-24 year-olds.During 2005, reach declined by 2.2% in that age group.

Reach is defined as at least 15 minutes of consecutive TV viewing in a week. Industry figures say the decline could be due to the growth of the internet.DVDs and gaming could also be factors, they said.Among 25-34 year-olds, reach fell by 1.9%, according to Ofcom.

ITV1 had the greatest single-channel decline in reach in multi-channel homes - homes which had extra channels as well as terrestrial ones. It fell by 3.6% during 2005.

BBC Two was the only terrestrial channel to increase its reach in multi-channel homes over the year with a rise of 1.6%.

Digital boost

The BBC channels had the biggest share in multi-channel homes overall, with 30.8% of the audience. The ITV channels had 22.6%, while Channel 4 had 8.6%.

By the end of September 2005, over two thirds of UK households - 16.5 million - had access to digital television.

Ofcom recently announced proposals to allow sponsorship of entire commercial television channels and radio stations. Currently, only individual programmes can be sponsored.

Ofcom wants to allow channel sponsorship but with a number of restrictions, including no sponsorship of news and current affairs programmes.

Proposals for other possible sources of future funding, such as product placement, are also under discussion.

to control the masses the government are gonna have to control the internet

that means probably censoring sites like this, till we get with the program and leave our radical views.

i couldnt believe that itv is now a night-time premium phone in quiz channel scam, that truly shocked me that they were allowed to even do that.

Edited by homeless

Most people I know still see the internet as a tool for masturbation and free music. I think it will be a while yet before the government have to step and take control.

Edited by devslim

Most people I know still see the internet as a tool for masturbation and free music. I think it will be a while yet before the government have to step and take control.

that avator of your should carry a warning

You can get hpc.co.uk, most of the newspapers, steynonline.com, and "Enemy Territory" online for free, without adverts. Pisses all over the box in the corner.

I have to agree, the interenet is a wonderful tool. I much prefer to read stuff on the net than to watch TV - unless Kirsty Allslop is on!

The problem is most don't know how to make best use of the net.

Perhaps that explains all the "jiggling" avatars we see. A quick and easy way of boosting the HPC viewing stats.

Billy Shears

i think your right homeless :D

would you let this guy babysit your kids? :lol:

The man behind the man behind that Atavar babysat me on the box every friday night for most of my childhood! What are you saying halebop?

Guest Winners and Losers

Oooo - nasty visulisation experience. :blink:

Guest Bart of Darkness
ITV1 had the greatest single-channel decline in reach in multi-channel homes - homes which had extra channels as well as terrestrial ones. It fell by 3.6% during 2005.

BBC Two was the only terrestrial channel to increase its reach in multi-channel homes over the year with a rise of 1.6%.

There is hope for the UK after all.

According to an online poll around 70% of users admit to masturbating at their PC.

Think about that next time you use your mates' PC :unsure:

Buckers

Or the one at work :lol:

i'm seriously considering ditching my tv

For a start I dont consider big ******ing brother entertainment, nor do I consider Gorden Ramseys kitchen enlightening

having trouble convincing the wife though!