House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
karhu

Even The Mcjobs Are Dissapearing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4759130.stm

Fast-food chain McDonald's is closing 25 branches in a bid to improve profits at its struggling UK operations.

It is currently in talks with staff, but a spokeswoman said most of the closures would be older "high street" restaurants.

In the accounts, the firm said its UK operations were "experiencing a highly competitive informal eating out market and low consumer confidence levels".

Not 'lovin' it'

It said the "UK remained a challenging marketplace and our efforts to gain traction in this market will take time".

I was wondering when somebody was going to pick up on this, I saw it in the standard at lunch time. Personally I think this is just over saturation of the market. Where I live there was a McDonalds in the high street for years (20+) and was busy most of the time, they then opened a new one about a mile away but with parking, the old one is dead almost all of the time now.

I went into Evesham, Worcs today and walked through the small enclosed shopping precinct that has about 20 shops or so including a nice M & S "Just Food." Six of the shops were closed down or had "going out of business" signs up. That was just in the small enclosed shopping precinct.

It says to me that the consumer boom is over and people have taken on too much debt. There is no more left to push HPI further and that, I suspect, is why prices stopped effectively rising a year ago.

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/newsAr...-NATIONWIDE.xml

By Ross Finley
LONDON (Reuters) - House prices fell for the first time in eight months in February as
consumer confidence slipped and retail sales declined more sharply than expected
, casting some doubt on a household-led economic revival.

KFC by contrast is opening more and more branches. Reconstituted chicken is the flavour of 21st century Britain.

Wait for the bird flu to strike.

Adios KFC

Wait for the bird flu to strike.

Adios KFC

Missus (a confirmed fried chicken addict) actually gave up the stuff for about a week recently - just after the outbreak in France. But she found going cold turkey too difficult.

My new favourite word (see attached)

plandemic.jpg

post-2637-1141149767.jpg

Edited by greencat