House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homeless

Bird Flu Found In Cat In Germany

news just heard on radio five live

bird flu has now skipped species it seems and has been found in a cat in germany

humans next ?

It can already infect humans who are in close contact with birds or infected bird crap.

The cat probably killed and ate an infected bird.

Its when it starts spreading from human to human that it becomes a real threat (potentially)

If it started spreading from cat to cat then it wouldnt be a real problem either, infact some would say it would be a good thing ;)

It can already infect humans who are in close contact with birds or infected bird crap.

The cat probably killed and ate an infected bird.

Its when it starts spreading from human to human that it becomes a real threat (potentially)

more than likely

well im off out now to stock up on boxes of tinned spam, and a few crates of whisky.and to get a gun to chase away the pox ridden masses from my door.

thats it i aint leaving the house for a year, my landlord can go swivle for the rent, thats if he lives

Did it swallow a budgie :rolleyes:

:lol:

Seriously though if it's proved to be the H5N1 then I wonder if it was contracted from eating an infected bird.

It's no good those so called experts telling people there's no need to stop buying chicken because I strongly believe they don't know enough about it and are talking out of their harris.

Seriously though if it's proved to be the H5N1 then I wonder if it was contracted from eating an infected bird.

It's no good those so called experts telling people there's no need to stop buying chicken because I strongly believe they don't know enough about it and are talking out of their harris.

It you eat chicken beak, feathers and all the same way that a cat eats a pigeon please don't extend me a Christmas dinner invite this year.

Just to add that's a BIG bugbear of mine at the moment as next door have been feeding wild pigeons and they are sh!tting all over our front and back garden. Environmental health have asked them to stop but they haven't. I have 3 young kids and I don't want them getting any of the nasty pigeon related illnesses let alone bird flu. That probably sounds a bit dramatic atm but you never know where it's going.

I know a girl who has chickens in her back garden in bromsgrove, she vegitarian is worried about bird flu because it might hurt her poor chickkies! she is planning on hiding her chickies in her house, i worry for her children...

Just to add that's a BIG bugbear of mine at the moment as next door have been feeding wild pigeons and they are sh!tting all over our front and back garden. Environmental health have asked them to stop but they haven't. I have 3 young kids and I don't want them getting any of the nasty pigeon related illnesses let alone bird flu. That probably sounds a bit dramatic atm but you never know where it's going.

Problem solved?

Vermin solution found here

I know a girl who has chickens in her back garden in bromsgrove, she vegitarian is worried about bird flu because it might hurt her poor chickkies! she is planning on hiding her chickies in her house, i worry for her children...

While the full effects of bird flu are as yet unknown, I think for people who criticise others for sucking up VI spin you are in danger sucking up a bit of govenrment spin.

Well if you eat your poultry without cooking it then you will catch infections.

But you do highlight the fact that joe public doesn't think rationally.

Problem solved?

Vermin solution found here

:lol: Mr Gillee has been threatening to get something similar.

Well if you eat your poultry without cooking it then you will catch infections.

But you do highlight the fact that joe public doesn't think rationally.

Are you saying then that those people that died from it in other countries didn't cook their chickens :P ?

Are you saying then that those people that died from it in other countries didn't cook their chickens :P ?

ozzie osborne has been looking a little peaky lately

The question is can it spread cat to cat – if so I will be taking my little house destroyer straight down to the vets on a one way journey.

I str’ed into the country – on the field beside our house there are 200+ free range chickens with my cat watching from afar – I should have stayed in London!

In an earlier life, I used to research and lecture on orthomyxoviruses (e.g. bird and human flu) and cover transmission, zoonosis etc and this topic is a real bugbear of mine.

I have no idea why people who encourage pigeons to congregate in public areas aren't wheeled off to the secure unit they so clearly deserve. Pigeons are a notorious asymptomatic reservoir of commercially and medically important pathogen (fowl pest, fowl pox, etc). I don't care whether they mate for life or not, they should be removed from areas of concentated human habitation. Same goes for those who move their racing pigeons in next door to families. How would they feel if I opened a rat farm and tried to bounce the most promising looking ones of their patio doors twice a day?

Don't get me started on people who want to keep domestic chicken for the look of the thing. Christ on a bike.

No, but I seriously doubt someone in England will catch it because they buy an infected chicken from a supermarket.

No, but I seriously doubt someone in England will catch it because they buy an infected chicken from a supermarket.

i bet kfc were rubbing there hands in glee when bse scare happened, now its there turn :)

The answer to your problem lies in the purchase in a 2.2 air rifle. I had the same issue with a neighbours cats that used to crap all over my lawn when my kids were tots. Sounds rough I know but what comes first ? your kids or cats ? My neighbours couldn't give a toss when I complained. Only natural they said .... cant control a cat they said . Not my problem I said. Zaap in the cats ****. No more problem

Hehe, I hope the masses start thinking this way. Maybe the Mail and Express will run a few scare stories. And I can look forward to dirt cheap chicken being knocked out at 20p a breast as the panic sets in. Mmmmm. :P

There hasn't been a revolution in England for many a century...but the if government ever demands a cull of cats there will be blood on the streets! Before I came to England, I thought the stories of the English prefering their pets to their children must be an exaggeration...how wrong I was! :lol: