House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benjamin

Short Of Cash

opened up a savings account with cahoot recently. got an e-mail today asking me to "get saving" - a round robin type of e-mail. not got round to putting much in, i must admit. BUT it got me thinking. surely they must be short of cash in some area i.e. mortgage funds. anyone else got a view? I have never known a bank ask me to deposit money when i already have the account. before i open one (advertising etc), yes, but not whilst i have one.

i dont think it matters. its only marketing bumph. its not a personal thing.

its just the same old models pointing to catalogues of white sofas and cream carpets. with a blank space at the footer for 'GET [insert lending or saving here]'

and then they spam it to all an sundry.

if you use it as bog paper it will only smear. best to fling it out to the local landfill and thank god for local authority recycling programs. and cheap easy flights....for boozed up morons.

I got a strange telephone call from my bank the other day asking me why I had more than the average amount in my current account and why I had never used my overdraft.

"I don't need to " I replied, at which point the caller huffed and puffed about her income and not lasting to the end of the month etc etc etc.

Anyway - they then succesfully got me to open a savings account (which was obviously the point of the call) and move a set amount by DD out of my current account into this new savings account. I was getting around to doing this anyway.

Must say I was a little taken back 1) because I found the phone call strange and 2) because they didn't try to flog me a mortgage or a loan!!!!!!!!!!

I got a strange telephone call from my bank the other day asking me why I had more than the average amount in my current account and why I had never used my overdraft.

"I don't need to " I replied, at which point the caller huffed and puffed about her income and not lasting to the end of the month etc etc etc.

Anyway - they then succesfully got me to open a savings account (which was obviously the point of the call) and move a set amount by DD out of my current account into this new savings account. I was getting around to doing this anyway.

Must say I was a little taken back 1) because I found the phone call strange and 2) because they didn't try to flog me a mortgage or a loan!!!!!!!!!!

Erm....2005, you are sure this call was from your bank - right? - and not an imposter after your bank details....

I got about 3-4 loan letters last week trying to throw money at me....

one was a pretend cheque with "upto 20k" on it! How I laughed as a ripped it up and put it in the bin.....how many trees do they waste? :lol:

Edited by CrashBear

Erm....2005, you are sure this call was from your bank - right? - and not an imposter after your bank details....

I always ask for a number and call them back..

But I do get free phonecalls from the exchange :lol::lol::lol:

Yes...I did question them about that and asked them to give me some information about my account that only they could have known..and they did. Also I didn't give them any information about my account over the phone...they didn't need it.

Account is all open and online but yes....my first thoughts were the same as yours.

I used to work in marketing for a bank - i looked after savings once and used to get phone centres to phone customers with reasonable credit balances on their current account to open a savings account. Its an easy sale and its good customer service (might as well earn some interest on your money).

It was so successful however it got stopped by the team that looked after current accounts because the bank made more margin on current account balances than savings account balances ;-))

possible causes ?

A) they are short of reserves and only certain accounts are eligable to be lent out to the Debtor class. ?

B) they want people to save more because they see global deflation coming and want to make you richer.

C) they just care about you and want to make you feel safe and secure