House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Overheard Conversation In Chelsea Bs

Paying some money into the Chelsea BS yesterday (new account paying 5.10%)

Overheard a mortgage application, she currently has an £80K, looking to increase to £140k for a new property, and intends going for "interest only". The advisor asked if she was going for a fixed rate, she replied "No, as Nick feels rates are going to drop a few more times yet", (take it Nick is her other half).

Amazing what a bit of spin from economists can do. The advisor agreed and then proceeded to try to sell her some "loss of income" insurance, she tried to swerve it, but he related the tale of his father who fell off a ladder and broke his knee and has been off for many months and his insurance was a "godsend". :D

Paying some money into the Chelsea BS yesterday (new account paying 5.10%)

Overheard a mortgage application, she currently has an £80K, looking to increase to £140k for a new property, and intends going for "interest only". The advisor asked if she was going for a fixed rate, she replied "No, as Nick feels rates are going to drop a few more times yet", (take it Nick is her other half).

Amazing what a bit of spin from economists can do. The advisor agreed and then proceeded to try to sell her some "loss of income" insurance, she tried to swerve it, but he related the tale of his father who fell off a ladder and broke his knee and has been off for many months and his insurance was a "godsend". :D

Thats great! For £30 per month you can have peace of mind while ladders. A small price to pay.

"No, as Nick feels rates are going to drop a few more times yet

Funny how people are oblivious to the risks and at the same time consider themselves economics experts when regurgitating something someone told them - confident enough to risk everything on a shread of someone else's knowlege (or lack of)

please please HPC - I have no sympathy - these same sorts of people at my work are arrogant simply because they own property (recently). I'm laughed at now for being the only one who 'warns' of the imminent crash. Infact ten minutes ago i had the comment 'still think theres a crash comming', with a sneer from one of them walking past my desk. She has several BTL properties that she only bought last year!!!

...I would have no problem saying the opposite to her when it finally happens - but I'm sure I would get silenced by people sympathetic to her financial losses.

can someone get a doctor to take a picture so i can look at this from inside as well ?

in particular the cerebal cortex area of the brain. i suspect a sideways blow.

i realy think so

can someone get a doctor to take a picture so i can look at this from inside as well ?

in particular the cerebal cortex area of the brain. i suspect a sideways blow.

:)

could become our anthem

Everyone around me is a total stranger everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger.

Funny how people are oblivious to the risks and at the same time consider themselves economics experts when regurgitating something someone told them - confident enough to risk everything on a shread of someone else's knowlege (or lack of)

please please HPC - I have no sympathy - these same sorts of people at my work are arrogant simply because they own property (recently). I'm laughed at now for being the only one who 'warns' of the imminent crash. Infact ten minutes ago i had the comment 'still think theres a crash comming', with a sneer from one of them walking past my desk. She has several BTL properties that she only bought last year!!!

...I would have no problem saying the opposite to her when it finally happens - but I'm sure I would get silenced by people sympathetic to her financial losses.

In these cases there is only one response IMHO. One word of sussinct integrity. "Yes". Stay out of analysis or justification.

As for her mates blanking you in six months time, my suggestion is, then you can be a devious bitch. You don't have to say "I told you so". Things like "I'm really glad that I didn't buy that house, I wouldn't be able to take this holiday..." are totally sufficent.

Guest Winners and Losers

Say it, say it!! Forget smug married's, its the smug BTL'ers that we hate!