House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Renters Out Of Thin Air

No, any would be FTBs priced out of the market are forced to work as sex slaves in the back rooms of Estate Agents. When they have earned enough money, the Agents free them but only after they have signed up as tenants.

It's win-win for everyone I think.

:lol::unsure::o:lol:

Presumably by selling to rent?

selling to rent just means some btl buys there house and rents it out, evening out the supply/demand

i think the real big thing is gonna be all they houses that stay empty, because they were bought soley for speculation of rising prices coming back on the market.

many people talk about driving past all these blocks of flats with only one light on, this is simply becuase these were boguht to be sat empty for a couple years and then sold on for profit.Hence they were never rented out.ie the people that invested in these wanting to keep them as new, and if your only keeping a place a couple years the hassle and rent of letting it is probably less than the depreciation of the carpets and decor and kitchen ect.

Second thing is, many people bought holiday homes which they thought they will keep also as investments.ie these were people once again not willing to rent out and the hassle it entails, also the fear of a bad tenent wrecking the place.So they kidded themselves along that it was a holiday home on one hand and the other it was an investment.there has to be 1 million properties in the uk just like this.Many were actually bought as investment properties or a property to retire too.And if intrest rates increase on there equity withdrawls and mortgage that bought it ie 30% equity withdraw on the initial house put down on the seconbd home with a 70% mortgage.you can be sure these will also be rented out now or hence sold.

I know loads and loads of people that have houses lying empty except for the odd weekend they might spend there to make sure more than anything that everything is ok with it more than holiday home.And these will be put up for sale very fast.

The idea rents will increase due to greater demand in a hpc is stupidity in the extreme, most of the investment firms also tell there customers not to rent the flats out but to hold and flip.It is all these factors that have caused the hpi we have seen, not a property shortage ie they created the shortage themselves as i said above.And they will create the crash as well as it all turns sour.

This is money

as tenants return to the lettings market

I can understand the concept of buyers coming to the market because they would be ex renters. But how do 'tenants return to the lettings market'? Have they been stored in hibernation pods like in 2001 Space Odessy?

This is money

I can understand the concept of buyers coming to the market because they would be ex renters. But how do 'tenants return to the lettings market'? Have they been stored in hibernation pods like in 2001 Space Odessy?

No, any would be FTBs priced out of the market are forced to work as sex slaves in the back rooms of Estate Agents. When they have earned enough money, the Agents free them but only after they have signed up as tenants.

It's win-win for everyone I think.

Yeah, I said as much on another discussion - where have the renters been hiding to date? In tents?

Someone advised I shouldn't understimate the amount of people sharing with friends :blink:

errrr........you mean renting then?

Yeah, I said as much on another discussion - where have the renters been hiding to date? In tents?

Someone advised I shouldn't understimate the amount of people sharing with friends :blink:

errrr........you mean renting then?

There is a big difference to renting a place on your own, or renting with somone. Less properties are rented out if people are sharing, in the bigger picture this means a smaller rental market. At the same time OO start to suffer so they may consider subletting rooms in there houses, increasing supply....

Because in the uk we have on average about 2 people living in every property we have ALOT of give in the 'official' letting agency rental market, in harder times people will huddle together. The unofficial rental market really isnt covered by this article, subletting of a mate who has a place or rents themselves, living at home, or even renting off an heavily indebted HO.

I barely class myself as renting, my 'rent' (see my signature line) is about the same as what i would pay for bills and council tax if i lived on my own, im essentially living rent free :)

Edited by moosetea