House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eurows

Charges Related To Bad Debts Surged 61pc To £74m.

We have seen various banks reporting bad debts, the latest being Alliance and Leicester. These are not just small increases. These are massive 60% plus increases.

This year I think we will see astounding news about debt, bankruptcies and repossessions. Especially with increases being announced in the cost of living such as council tax, energy prices.

IMO any small increase in interest rates will push a lot more people over the edge.

I think there were a couple of years where people were made to feel rich, due to house prices. My neigbours were all driving 4x4's etc. I notice two of my neigbours have sold their 4x4's and gone back to old cars. They felt rich and wanted to live the livestyle that matched the feeling. Then they get the bills for fuel new tyres etc and realise that they are not rich at all. They just live the moment in an overpriced house.

Edited by eurows

Very, very true.

It looks like the stats for bankruptcies / repossessions are rising at an almost exponential rate.

With increases like that it hardly matters that we are starting from a low baseline. :ph34r::ph34r: