House Price Crash Forum
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

67% Of Channel4 Members Trust Rightmove

Guest The_Oldie

I think that 67% do not believe the figures. The text is under the line ;)

The rightmove index has now been released, and it is incedibily optomistic.

But, do you believe the figures?

Results (18 votes counted so far):

5 (28%)

Yes

12 (67%)

No

1 (6%)

Unsure

Guest muttley

Hmmmmm...

Could the C4 poster, stateofplay, be HPC mole, zorn?

In my postcode area 24 properties have been added in the last 7 days on Rightmove. A couple of them appear to be relisted. The average price of these 27 properties is £170k, and includes a mobile home (£115k). The week before there were hardly any new properties added.

Spring sees the market in more bouyant mood, so the available number of properties may well increase.

Statistics are there for guidance, sure, Rightmove could inflate them, but I do feel that is unlikely, the National Audit office would probably have a few words to say if they did.

It would seem that some people will never believe anything, unless it fits with their view on the property market. When Rightmove announce average asking prices are falling, I don't think you would be jumping all over the thread accusing them of being underhand (not very pleasant reasons!).

The average asking prices are either going up because a) shortage of properties B) People are prepared to pay more c) the whole world hates first time buyers and has it in for them!

For any new posters, zorn was the Rightmove employee sent here to discredit our little site, though he never stuck around to tell us why this was so necessary considering the rosy outlook for the housing market.

Guest Winners and Losers

Hmmmmm...

For any new posters, zorn was the Rightmove employee sent here to discredit our little site, though he never stuck around to tell us why this was so necessary considering the rosy outlook for the housing market.

He was too busy trying to manage all of those properties that started 'flying off the shelves'.

Hmmmmm...

Maybe that post on C4 was started by a HPCer to test the sentiment in the bullish camp? I'm just thinking out of the box.

As DrBubb rightly points out, contrarians are much better off because they learn to predict the crowd, not follow it.

I'm getting the knack. I could have predicted that on such a commercial and controlled forum as C4 around 67% would be prepared to trust another bunch of commercial control freaks!

Actually, thats a lie and my spreadbet would have been trammelled into the dust. I would have picked it at about 87%.

Hmmmmm...

How did you work out he was from Rightmove?

Guest muttley

How did you work out he was from Rightmove?

One of the moderators pointed out that he was posting from www.rightmove.co.uk

He hasn't posted since,presumably because the Jan 2006 figures were so good that we are no longer a threat ie. ordinairy people looking for a house under £9,999,999.

Hmmmmm...

To be fair, we have no idea of Zorn´s motivations. He could have been a fairly junior guy who was sat on a lot of options, and thought he´d do his bit to keep the market going before the IPO.

btp

Guest muttley

To be fair, we have no idea of Zorn´s motivations. He could have been a fairly junior guy who was sat on a lot of options, and thought he´d do his bit to keep the market going before the IPO.

btp

He posted almost exclusively during office hours.

One of the moderators pointed out that he was posting from www.rightmove.co.uk

He hasn't posted since,presumably because the Jan 2006 figures were so good that we are no longer a threat ie. ordinairy people looking for a house under £9,999,999.

:lol::lol: I didnt know that. Is there a thread of his public naming and shaming? :unsure::unsure:

I'm surprised you missed this one, shaker

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=23005

I usually wouldnt but I think that was the weeks before I got my adsl installed in my new flat.

Gonna enjoy reading this. B)