House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

The Heart Scheme.

and I sat there with a group of people as someone sold the idea that by investing only £500 I could buy half a heart.

this heart would then sit on a ladder, which when others joined I would move up..

and as others joined I would move further up.. further and further until I reached the top..

I don't know how many thousands I would have recieved had the ladder reached the top.. but suffice to say I never recieved any money..

I will leave it up to you to decide if I invested or not.

What was odd was how people were sold on the idea, what struck me was that the obvious flaw in the plan was not obvious even when I made myself unpopular by explaining it.

I will not insult you by explaining the flaw, but it was amazing that they didn't see the flaw, or understood it.

There were those there who new the flaw, but were gambling that they would make money from those who were blind, hopeful and gready. or perhaps desperate...

I was in a room, tea and biscuits were being served and I was surrounded by people who were for the greatest part caught up in a frenzy of excitement...

I am very aware that this moment awakened my eyes to the desire to look for the clarity, but not to be surprised when others do not see it.

why is this crash obvious to me?

because and individual can be intelligent, the herd is more likely a moron.

fool me once and shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me..

How did you get lucky enough to get invited to one of those ?

I thought that was a special little cabal reserved for women who were picked out for their social isolation and eagerness to be included and then flattered/nurtured by their greedy corporate sisters with a warm fuzzy "woman's touch" into joining the pyramid near the top and falling off.

It also sounds a lot like an Amway meeting (although at least you couldn't fault them on their product quality - you actually ended up with something for a trasfer of money!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi

surprised you wasted your time going to the meeting in the first place

still , hopefully the tea + biscuits were nice :)

a study of human nature..

a friend spent a weekend at a Docotr Who convention..

Invaluable insite, thats what I took away..

these were profesional people, skilled... a cross section..

I thought that was a special little cabal reserved for women who were picked out for their social isolation and eagerness to be included and then flattered/nurtured by their greedy corporate sisters with a warm fuzzy "woman's touch" into joining the pyramid near the top and falling off.

It also sounds a lot like an Amway meeting (although at least you couldn't fault them on their product quality - you actually ended up with something for a trasfer of money!)

I got invited to one once. The friend who took me phoned me several times before the meeting to stress I had to wear a suit "because its a business meeting". I noticed that everyonr there was in a suit, but the presenters all had slip on shoes with tassles (ok perhaps in Miami, not in Leeds) and one had red socks. The pyramid scheme they were selling was mathematically crazy. When I pointed this out a couple of heavies made a move on me.

The sad thing is that the other guests seemed to all be decent people willing to work hard and looking for a second income. BTL for the early 90's.

Pyramid schemes should be taught in second form maths at high school. I reckon any 1/2 brained 14 year old would get this stuff, if only they were given the opportunity. They might even stay out of a heated housing market!

There's thw OMI pyramid scam going on now in Birmingham. They sell cheap holidays but you can make more money by getting people to sell the holidays for you. Joining fee in £1695, returns in six digit figures.

I got an invite and I just had to go. I mean, who can resist earning £100k plus for doing sweet fa? First thing they ask you is to turn up in a suit. The location is only told to the person introducing you a day before.

I have to say the salesmen spewing their ******** are good. That first part of the presentation is about cheap holidays (its legit, but not ABTA approved). Then comes the main event. Introduce people and get them to sell for you. They show the multiples. The flash cars. Slick presentation.

The crowd is worked up by the music, and by strategically placed scammers to hype the crowd. If you don't buy you're made to look stupid for missing out. you stand up, everyone appluads, and the scammer comes to collect your hard earned £1695.

I just could not resist. Stood up, took the applause, and then said "its a pyramid scam. ****** off" when they came to sign me up. Got chucked out :angry: :lol:

Invited? I just got back from San Francisco.

These billboards are all over the place. Anyone care to meet The Donald?

thedonald.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality, the picture was taken from the freeway on our way out of town.

post-2641-1140996723.jpg

Edited by Karen

Invited? I just got back from San Francisco.

These billboards are all over the place. Anyone care to meet The Donald?

Priceless... in reality Trump no longer even owns his own name because his creditors cleared him out, I hear he's now pushing property along with his books, of course.

Dear god, is it us?