House Price Crash Forum
ravenglass

Relocation Relocation

Does anyone else feel sickened by this programme and similar ones, I am watching a couple selling up in London and looking to spend 300k to 500k in Margate. These programmes just irritate me, the punters on this programmes are just lucky nothing else just lucky.

Does anyone else feel sickened by this programme and similar ones, I am watching a couple selling up in London and looking to spend 300k to 500k in Margate. These programmes just irritate me, the punters on this programmes are just lucky nothing else just lucky.

The only people who are going to be lucky at the end of this palavar will be those with no debt or managable debt.

you are better of then those who don't relise quite what their debt means today

In life there are always lucky people, its just when its related to housing it hits home a lot more, and tends to be more visible.

The chap who starts a business, and watches it skyrocket, is also lucky, but that money gets percieved as being drawn from thin air by many. Same with the man who makes a killing on the stock market.

Housing however, thats a lot more visible, especially during these times where its the Nations pet obsession.

The only people who are going to be lucky at the end of this palavar will be those with no debt or managable debt.

you are better of then those who don't relise quite what their debt means today

I hope that you are correct

I hope that you are correct

for me not to be it would mean that Gordon Brown has managed to fix the economic cycle at the top of the biggest credit boom and biggest house price boom in History.

If he manages to keep things up where they are he would

1: Be going against the greater good for the country.

2: Be the greatest economic genius to ever walk the plannet.

Personally I think he is just another chancellor who hasn't quite got it right.

Look at the economic news.. does it look like he has got in right..?

It doesent really, does it.

One more point, the clip that you can download above (pinned) shows kirsty admitting what would happen when interest rates go up (innevitably it was put by the interviewer)

There is one massive variable in there though Apom. That is, what is affordable?

Some people could cut there cloth quite drastically if hardship arose, and so be okay. I know, I'm one of them.

There is one massive variable in there though Apom. That is, what is affordable?

Some people could cut there cloth quite drastically if hardship arose, and so be okay. I know, I'm one of them.

Most people are not in massive debt and don't care what their house is worth, only what the next one costs..

Trust me, interest rates going up brings down prices as it brings down what people now realise they can afford.

I hope that those who have massivly overstretched themselves have at least protected themselves with a fixed rate mortgage.

all is good..

Most people are not in massive debt and don't care what their house is worth, only what the next one costs..

Trust me, interest rates going up brings down prices as it brings down what people now realise they can afford.

I hope that those who have massivly overstretched themselves have at least protected themselves with a fixed rate mortgage.

all is good..

ha the future is bright for house prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sounds like the green-eyed monster to me :rolleyes:

Guest Riser

They just flashed the date up on the screen when talking about price, could be a one off but could also be a small victory for us here at HPC who have complained th C4 and Offcom :D

This is an old programme, I thought it was supposed to be a new series.

Edited by Riser

Something strange happened half-way through this 'new series' of Relocation Relocation. Suddenly, 90% of each episode was a repeat of an old episode with a bit of 'what's happened since' tagged on the end (ala Property Ladder Revisited).

I wonder if they abandoned the new episodes after just a few (which, by the way, seemed to have a heavy bias towards commercial stuff - hot tubs biz etc.and foreign stuff) because they couldn't find any more stories to back up the usual VI spin line of 'all is rosy in the garden'.

Or perhaps Krusty and Fill had a Road to Damascus moment and realised they'd been outed on HPC.co.uk and couldn't face it any longer - or sacked ??? (Here's hoping). :lol:

Anyone know who to email at C4 to find out?

Cheers

LL

Yep, if you cut the cloth thin enough it will go round the world several times, but it will make a pretty crap jumper for the winter.

I don't think your situation is typical, or that many people can imagine how little cloth they'll have left. SOMEBODY owes all that debt, even if its not you, and I'm sure their cloth is burberry.

Does anyone else feel sickened by this programme and similar ones, I am watching a couple selling up in London and looking to spend 300k to 500k in Margate.

But how much of that is debt? If you think they're lucky to be sitting on £400k of debt then so be it.

True, but we are seeing exponential growth in reposesions and bankrupts..

already..

see the IR rise was enough.. granted its not 15%.. but its enough.. its taking longer is all..

Horrible to say.. but if economic failings are steady.. then thats your number..

When you see a sharp rise.. well that means that something critical has changed and that for every failure you see there are 100 on the brink, hanging on with their finger tips..

I will be fine, you will be fine..

but don't forget, higher IR's change how much people are prepared to pay..

Thats the impact

Yep, if you cut the cloth thin enough it will go round the world several times, but it will make a pretty crap jumper for the winter.

I don't think your situation is typical, or that many people can imagine how little cloth they'll have left. SOMEBODY owes all that debt, even if its not you, and I'm sure their cloth is burberry.

LOL :lol:

This awful programme is on again there is a couple both air stewards buying two properties one near Heathrow and the other in Lyon France, they are selling a property in Devizes. This programme, it`s presenters, the couples involved revolt me.