House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Brown For Pm

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news3.shtml

BROWN FOR PM

By Ian Kirby

GORDON Brown is rated way ahead of Tory rival David Cameron as the best man for the PM's job.

An exclusive ICM poll for the News of the World gives the Chancellor a 12-point lead over the Conservative leader.

But if Cameron wants to drown his sorrows, there's good news—people would rather have a drink with him than Mr Brown.

No, I don't buy this paper, I saw it mentioned on Sky news last night. Can't find it on there now though.

Tony definately seems to have taken a big step back in recent months doesn't he.............?

Is NOTW not one of News Corporations lot? owned by Rupert Murdoch who does have a sweet spot for Labour?

If so then its merely propaganda, not a story.

Edited by ETOPS773

Is NOTW not one of News Corporations lot? owned by Rupert Murdoch who does have a sweet spot for Labour?

If so then its merely propaganda, not a story.

Does the NOTW ever report REAL news anyway? ;)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/st...1718231,00.html

Leadership rule change seen as threat to Brown

The rules of Labour's leadership contest should be changed to open up the race for Tony Blair's successor, a senior ally of the Prime Minister has urged, in an intervention bound to spark tensions with Gordon Brown.

Former minister Stephen Byers has drawn up proposals for a bigger field of hopefuls to contest an American-style 'primary', giving them a chance to thrash out major issues about Labour's future - before voting by a wider range of party supporters than at present. His proposals follow concerns about the stranglehold that a planned 'super-union' of the T&G, Amicus and the GMB could have over the contest. The move would put over a quarter of the vote on the leadership into the hands of just one union leader.

Instead of number 10 for Brown i would send him to the Gallows to be hung drawn and quartered for treason.

Then I would send parts of his body to the 4 quarters of the kingdom as a warning to any others who wish to destroy this country the same way he has done.

Edited by fiddlethefigures

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news3.shtml

No, I don't buy this paper, I saw it mentioned on Sky news last night. Can't find it on there now though.

Tony definately seems to have taken a big step back in recent months doesn't he.............?

Tony is a far more astute politician than Gordon and may be stepping back to avoid getting the stuff on him when it hits the fan. 4th Term Tony anybody?

The British people needs someone at number 10 to sort out all our financial problems - not the person who created them.

Edited by Pluto

The British people needs someone at number 10 to sort out all our financial problems - not the person who created them.

Most people are blissfully unaware that there are any problems. After all, they are "worth" hundreds of thousands of pounds through HPI and have their own private cash machine from which to draw limitless sums of money to buy things with. The VIs remind them daily that their wealth is going up up and away and that any lull in house sales is just a rest before the next skyward leap. Gordon has packaged this phenomena as an "economic miracle" or a form of financial perpetual motion that requires no input to keep it moving.

When will the great mass of public wake up? When the spin stops and the bills mount. Its happening already for the lower rungs on the financial ladder but it will continue climbing the rungs until everyone who bought into the miracle feels the pain.

Most people are blissfully unaware that there are any problems. After all, they are "worth" hundreds of thousands of pounds through HPI and have their own private cash machine from which to draw limitless sums of money to buy things with. The VIs remind them daily that their wealth is going up up and away and that any lull in house sales is just a rest before the next skyward leap. Gordon has packaged this phenomena as an "economic miracle" or a form of financial perpetual motion that requires no input to keep it moving.

When will the great mass of public wake up? When the spin stops and the bills mount. Its happening already for the lower rungs on the financial ladder but it will continue climbing the rungs until everyone who bought into the miracle feels the pain.

This "miracle" will be everyones nightmare - and I mean everyone - not just mortgage owners. The swinging twenties in the states was the lead-up to the great depression. The total disregard for ca$h, and their addiction with debt is what happened then, and is happening right now.

EXCESSIVE DEBT = SHORT TERM PLEASURE; LONG TERM MISERY (the same as any other addictive substance taken in excess)

Edited by Pluto

I have to agree with you there. The great depression was indeed created by borrowings for investment with the family home in hock for security.

I would suspect that since we are already in the Brown Stuff we dont need another one. Especially as his heart is in Scotland and not in England as is Tony Blairs.

The wanted Scottish Independence, but want to keep Scottish subsidies...............I dont think so!!!.

Brown is a political liability.

We will shortly be told that we have to [smip] work till we are 90 all due to his failed economic policy

I know that GB has put a lot of extra resources into the NHS over the last 7 years, but it seems unfair on the medical profession to give him sole credit for the 25-year increase in life expentency that has developed since the retirement age was set 40 years ago.

Edited by aussieboy

The life expectency figures are due to the entire population not having real jobs and doing no work and very little to advances in Medical Science most of which are only available to those on high incomes in the private sector.

I bet your average welder or car mechanic, or dustbin man wont be living as long as your local government officer who has never done a days work in his life and now forms the majority of the population.

The fact is, Britain is now economically inactive, there are no real jobs, and we make nothing other than debt mountains for future generations to pay off.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Does the NOTW ever report REAL news anyway?

The News of the Screws is usually quite accurate when reporting on showbiz adulteries, although only the Vicky Pollards of this world would call that news.

The life expectency figures are due to the entire population not having real jobs and doing no work and very little to advances in Medical Science most of which are only available to those on high incomes in the private sector.

I bet your average welder or car mechanic, or dustbin man wont be living as long as your local government officer who has never done a days work in his life and now forms the majority of the population.

The fact is, Britain is now economically inactive, there are no real jobs, and we make nothing other than debt mountains for future generations to pay off.

Not sure if this is a wind up... if so then good trolling, if not then not sure where to start so shan't.

Guest Riser

We are merely slaves to the internal desires of flawed personalities.

:(

Would that be Browns old dour Scott personality or his new happy chapp personality fabricated for him by Alistair Campbell.

6tg.jpg

Gordon Brown is Mr Potato Head

Gordon Brown has a new nickname among Treasury who officials, who are growing increasingly bemused by his recent rather comical attempts to change his image from a dour Scot, with the weight of the world on his shoulders, to Mr Happy. Having been someone who could only force himself to break into a weak smile if Raith Rovers won an away game, he has now obviously been instructed by his new best friend Alastair Campbell to break into that rather offputting grin at any available opportunity. Hence the new nickname – Mr Potato Head. Hat tip to myself in the Independent on Sunday!

The sooner Brown becomes PM the sooner the press will stet about destroying him and exposing the New Labour con, lets get the crash on the road :D

Would that be Browns old dour Scott personality or his new happy chapp personality fabricated for him by Alistair Campbell.

6tg.jpg

Gordon Brown is Mr Potato Head

The sooner Brown becomes PM the sooner the press will stet about destroying him and exposing the New Labour con, lets get the crash on the road :D

Merely that old observation, originally from Plato I think, but since adopted by many including Gore Vidal, that those who wish to be Politicians should be denied such because of that very desire.

We seem though, to be stuck in an eternal pit of damnation where we mainly only get those people.